MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Cattle Call !!!

Notices

Cattle Call !!! Introducing... The Brethren.. Put your Bios here, a mug shot, a picture of your toys..Tell us who u are. Threads will lock down after 7-10 days to avoid post pumps on old introductions. Please avoid responding after thread is over a week old. DO NOT PITCH ANY PRODUCTS IN THIS FORUM, OR TRY TO VEIL A PITCH AS AN INTRODUCTION. IF YOUR SELLING IT, DON'T MENTION IT.

Old 07-25-2021, 08:08 AM   #301
Cheef
Got rid of the matchlight.

Name/Nickname : CHEEF

Hello Brethern.
I live just South of Kansas City. Been practicing my backyard game for over 40 years.
Currently using a CookShack PG500, a CookShack SMO66, 25 year old Big Green Egg, a 15 year old Original made in Kansas GoodOne, a 25 year old Oklahoma Joe ChuckWagon, a Charbroil Big Easy, a PK360, and a Blackstone Griddle that I truly love.
Looking forward to joining in and learning what I can from you all.
Cheef is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->

Old 07-25-2021, 07:58 PM   #302
LYU370
somebody shut me the fark up.

Welcome, join us in Q-Talk, we're a friendly bunch.

FEC100 - Big Joe - Weber Spirit II Gasser

Are you ready for a THROWDOWN?!?!? Join us, It's a BLAST!!

Join us for the Inaugural 2024 South East Bash - May 2024 Tennessee - Sign Up Link
LYU370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 08:20 AM   #303
Nick12954
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Name/Nickname : Nick the Pit
Default Cattle Call

Greetings,

I’m Nick from Sarasota, FL. I got into smoking with a propane Masterbuilt vertical and then got into the charcoal game with a Dyna-glo wide body vertical smoker. I recently sold that and upgraded to a Yoder Cheyenne which I am extremely excited to throw some meat on and get to smoking. I just seasoned it yesterday. I love the art of smoking and look forward to being a part of the brotherhood.

Nick
Nick12954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 05:14 PM   #304
ehk49
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Eric
Default Hello from NJ

Greetings all. Eric here from Western NJ. I've been reading posts here for years so figured it was finally time to sign up, say hello, and hopefully give something back to to community. I've been a BBQ enthusiast for the last 15 years or so now. Like many, I started on an cheap Brinkmann bullet smoker, then moved to a WSM, Horizon, Yoder, Lang, etc., etc.. My current inventor includes 2 weber kettles, a Masterbuilt electric (used exclusively for sausage), a WSM, Humphrey's BattleBox, Rec Teq 700, OKJ Highland. Last year I made the mistake of selling that Lang and I bought the OKJ to scratch my stick burner itch while I await delivery of my Outlaw patio. Thanks all for the informative posts over the years. Talk to you all soon.
ehk49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 04:52 PM   #305
Aegis
Got Wood.

Name/Nickname : Brian

Hello from Smokey Northern California. I think if I just set the meat in the sun it would have a smoke ring. The Dixie fire is brutal, waiting to see if the cabin goes or not. It is out past Warner Valley so fingers crossed.

Anyway, I have been spending more time at my girlfriends home and asked if I could bring a few things over to cook on. Little did she realize what would happen. As of now I am on a 1 in, 1 out warning and didn’t even bring the offset.

Everything pictured here was from OfferUp, kind of an online garage sale. Total investment - $115. The Big Poppa was free to a good home!

Looking forward to learning from all of the brethren.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C0EB2DB7-33A5-40C0-8A80-951413D02F9D.jpg (76.6 KB, 132 views)
Aegis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 02:37 AM   #306
TCS2020

Name/Nickname : Matt
Default Time to leap in!

Good Morning all,

I joined the site last year but got stuck away from home due to "you know what" and didn't smoke anything for 18 months. Now I'm back at home and no longer working overseas and its time to hit the smoke again and also get involved in this great community.

I'm really enjoying reading all the posts and picking up tips. Thanks in advance.

I currently have a very simple setup of a weber grill and one of the larger Pro-Q bullets, but very big dreams!. Been smoking for 10 years and grilling for 20 and live in Oxfordshire, UK.
TCS2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 10:09 PM   #307
Gaff343

Name/Nickname : Travis

Good evening all,

I stumbled upon this sight and excited to venture through the abundance of knowledge. I live in South Florida where it’s always a good time to bbq.

I grew up with the family gathering BBQ’s, with my grandfathers pit where he used to head the VFW. I have been dabbling with Smoking the last 10 years, and have used everything from a cheap box store offset, Webber kettle, electric, pellets, and vertical propane. I just ordered a Old Country Gravity Smoker, since I’m too cheap to fork out the dough on a stumps or Deep South. I’m hoping to play around with it, and know I will break out the welder to mod/adjust a few thing on it.
Gaff343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 07:57 AM   #308
WarPig81
Got rid of the matchlight.

Name/Nickname : Drew

Greetings! Drew’s the name. “I am the most wanted man on my island, except I'm not on my island, of course.” (Braveheart, 1995) Texan living near NYC (Rockland County). Been obsessed with bbq and smokers since moving to NY late 2011. Currently working with a Weber Summit Kamado E6 and a Yoder YS640s. Previously owned a 22.5 WSM and a MBGS 1050. Looking forward to developing my skills so that I may eventually try my luck at some bbq competitions.
WarPig81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 10:19 AM   #309
OppoMojo
Found some matches.

Name/Nickname : Doug

Well, hello there! I'm old Doug from Ohio and struggle to cook hotdogs on a grill. I bought a Cuisinart 36" propane smoker with hopes of a few successful cooks. I joined after stumbling upon ya'll searching for info on mullberry wood for smoking. Post seem very detailed ......just what I need! Hope to stay out of the way................. Thank you in advance, Doug
OppoMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 10:28 AM   #310
SirPorkaLot

Name/Nickname : John

Quote:
Originally Posted by OppoMojo View Post
Well, hello there! I'm old Doug from Ohio and struggle to cook hotdogs on a grill. I bought a Cuisinart 36" propane smoker with hopes of a few successful cooks. I joined after stumbling upon ya'll searching for info on mullberry wood for smoking. Post seem very detailed ......just what I need! Hope to stay out of the way................. Thank you in advance, Doug

Welcome! Ohio here as well.

Enjoy!
Old 07-28-2022, 02:50 PM   #311
OppoMojo
Found some matches.

Name/Nickname : Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPorkaLot View Post
Welcome! Ohio here as well.

Enjoy!
Homeworth......I thought I lived in a lightly populated area!

I like that user name.....so many different takes! Thanks for the reply, Doug
OppoMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 03:10 PM   #312
SirPorkaLot

Name/Nickname : John

Quote:
Originally Posted by OppoMojo View Post
Homeworth......I thought I lived in a lightly populated area!

I like that user name.....so many different takes! Thanks for the reply, Doug

Yea.. I’m not a people person :)

There’s NEO BBQ Bash here in November, there will be more information coming
Old 12-06-2022, 07:52 AM   #313
SmokeEmIfYaGotEm

Name/Nickname : Chris

Good morning! I'm Chris from Cary, NC and I am about to start dabbling in the smoking of meats. I have an 18" WSM that I am hoping to break in this weekend. I'm looking forward to learning from y'all and starting a new hobby!
SmokeEmIfYaGotEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 07:55 PM   #314
Lordofnerf

Name/Nickname : Petey

Hello fellow meat eaters,
My name is Pete.
I have a Weber Smokey Mountain, a 22" Weber kettle, an 18" Pit barrel cooker and a Akorn kamado. I recently ordered a Workhorse 1957 pit. Going to be a long eleven months. New to stock burners so that should be a fun adventure. Got into smoking meat so I could have smoked ribs anytime I wanted. Looking forward to chatting with everyone here.
Lordofnerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 08:32 PM   #315
bowhnter
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Mike

Welcome Chris and Pete. Jump in, we like pictures.

Primo Oval XL
Grilla Silverbac
Weber kettle 22” and 26”
Weber Genesis
Blackstone 22 and 36
Weber Jumbo Joe for the RV
Ooni Pro Pizza Oven

Join us for the South East Bash in Lebanon, Tn. May 4, 2024 https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...p=drivesdk)%5D
Bash planning thread here https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/s...d.php?t=305951
bowhnter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
map