Loco Griddle

I've been looking at Blackstone. When I found out this Loco actually has temperature control I was sold. You can set what temp you want each zone to be and it will hold it pretty good.

If it's actually accurate I may look into getting one myself but I was thinking it's a gimmick. I have been eyeing the new pitboss flatops because of the ceramic coating. I can go a month or 2 between uses until winter time so being ceramic I don't have to worry about re seasoning.

If it's actually accurate I may look into getting one myself but I was thinking it's a gimmick. I have been eyeing the new pitboss flatops because of the ceramic coating. I can go a month or 2 between uses until winter time so being ceramic I don't have to worry about re seasoning.

I will say, if it is really windy it has a hard time holding the temp. That being said, even if you didn't know what the temp of the griddle was I'm sure other models would have trouble staying consistent in windy conditions.

LOCO stuff is first class. And a great company. I have one of their crawfish cart boilers. That griddle is in my future

Not so sure it's a gimmick so far. I've had a couple of Blackstones for ~5 years and recently got one of these. There's a pilot light on each burner that stays lit and when it gets to the set temp the burners shut off and automatically relight when needed. Mine's going to take a lot of cooking to get seasoned like my Blackstones, but so far I'm enjoying it and it looks pretty awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not so sure it's a gimmick so far. I've had a couple of Blackstones for ~5 years and recently got one of these. There's a pilot light on each burner that stays lit and when it gets to the set temp the burners shut off and automatically relight when needed. Mine's going to take a lot of cooking to get seasoned like my Blackstones, but so far I'm enjoying it and it looks pretty awesome.

I might've spoke too soon. Did another cook tonight with a bunch of burgers and had all sorts of problems. The first 6" you can't cook on because of the pilot light system and there were hot/cold spots all over the place. I had more issues during this one cook than I've had with over 200 on my Blackstone. I have questions out to their customer service and I'll update back here. As of tonight, it's a very good looking, poorly executed cooker.

Also, these guys are throwing free stuff to social media influencers all over the place. I bought mine before that started and will give any and all real world updates at The Brethren.

Back