Smoked eggs

mbt

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Marco
After Gore suggestion (or provocation, who knows...) and a lot of research, today I tried the smoked eggs
First of all, I must say that is not my invention. The original recipe (in Italian) can be found here
https://blog.bbq4all.it/countryside...icato-con-scaglie-di-bacon-ed-erba-cipollina/
I made some little modifications, anyways

Ok, from the beginning, I hard cooked a couple of eggs (it's a trial, so I don't want to waste material)
When hard boiled I peeled them and let them cool down

Meanwhile I set up my little Smokey Joe for indirect heat, with few briquettes and a piece of cherry wood for smoking
I put the eggs in an aluminum pan and this pan above another pan with some ice (so I can keep cool the eggs)

I smoked the eggs for 10, maybe 15 minutes, turning sometimes. You can see the color different...

Then I removed the eggs, cut them by half and removed the yolk

I blended the yolks with an abundant teaspoon of mayo, half tablespoon of mustard and half tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce. I did it with a fork, but it should be used a mixer.
Original recipe would use also Tabasco. Added salt and pepper for flavour balance
Then I filled the hard egg whites with this "cream", added some little strips of crusty bacon and some mint (original recipe would use chives

Well... I liked it and also my wife appreciated. Surely I will do it again, may be as a starter

Hope you like it

sto utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:
Well, it looks like Gore may have started something; and you really made it something I love, Deviled Eggs. Really like the bacon and mint garnish / chives idea. Sooooooo I am going to have to try it!

• Thanks
Reactions: mbt
I need to try that sometime, down here we Curry the yolk often but I like your Idea.

• Thanks
Reactions: mbt
Back