Netflix - The American Barbecue Showdown

Wow....a BBQ show that's actually about BBQ and not grilling! And not to be a pig but Melissa Cookston is looking fantastic in the trailer for the show.

Yeah agreed and Malissa Cookston is a beast of a cook in her own right.
I have talked to her a couple times as vends a BBQ festival every year along with Moe and Firehouse BBQ around 40 minuets from my house.

I had the pleasure to buy her a cup of coffee and just talked about a little bit of everything but mainly consisted of talking asking advise about her trip on the Kentucky Bourbon trail she was getting ready to take.

Yeah agreed and Malissa Cookston is a beast of a cook in her own right.
I have talked to her a couple times as vends a BBQ festival every year along with Moe and Firehouse BBQ around 40 minuets from my house.

I had the pleasure to buy her a cup of coffee and just talked about a little bit of everything but mainly consisted of talking asking advise about her trip on the Kentucky Bourbon trail she was getting ready to take.

That's pretty awesome. Melissa's book (Smokin' in the Boys Room) really helped me out when I was first getting my BBQ food truck up and running. Her Mac&Cheese recipe is what I used for a while, and I still do, though I have tweaked it a bit. I really just connected with her simple approach to BBQ and her southern recipes are fantastic!

Looks like I am going to have to go for the 30 day free trial to watch this. I really enjoy watching BBQ shows and usually pick up some tips, and tricks from them. Plus, the re-runs of BBQ Pitmasters on the Travel Channel every Friday, is getting a little old, but I still watch.

I started watching and I'm currently on episode 5. I looked up the show info online and it was filmed in my hometown of Covington, Ga. Looking at the smokers used, I'll bet this is where JasonTQ picked up his Hunsakers last year when he went in to the temporary smoker hoarding business.
I admire these cooks, how they are able to adapt to the challenges and be creative with the ingredients given. I don't think I would be ready for a spot on a show like this, so I'll just sit comfortably on the sofa and enjoy.

Chef's table BBQ edition was awesome. That Fire Door concept is seriously badass.

The BBQ showdown was good too. Just finished it the other day. I like the concept of relative amateurs having to cook meats their unfamiliar with and use something other than their own back yard pit that they're used to. The finale was really cool so I won't spoil it.

I started watching and I'm currently on episode 5. I looked up the show info online and it was filmed in my hometown of Covington, Ga. Looking at the smokers used, I'll bet this is where JasonTQ picked up his Hunsakers last year when he went in to the temporary smoker hoarding business.
I admire these cooks, how they are able to adapt to the challenges and be creative with the ingredients given. I don't think I would be ready for a spot on a show like this, so I'll just sit comfortably on the sofa and enjoy.

That would have been cool to check out live. At least I think so.

I watched a few episodes last night, sort of a bbq pitmasters / british bakeoff show , on moonshine, lol

was pretty good aside from the timing drama, and that Melissa looks like one tough hombre...:grin:

Honestly, I didn't get past the first episode of Chef's Table. Too much biography/drama, not enough bbq.

Struggled with the first episode. It got better.
Never understood the need for the Black female and the White Male co- "hosts"

They contributed absolutely nothing except some very basic questions directed to the 2 real bbq cooks...and to yell "show us the meats" (very lame) when the challenge times were up. Another season? I guess I'd watch.

Back