HDD Wing Test Run

upStomp

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
We used to have an annual spicy food pot-luck party ("A$$TASIA") at my house, but haven't done it for the past 3-4 years. We decided to bring it back to life this year, so I did a dry run of wings to test out Oakridge's Habanero Death Dust. I usually make my own rubs, but figured I'd see what some of the pros have to offer.

picture.php

Seasoned with HDD and set to chill for 3-4 hours.

picture.php

On the WSM 22.5, vents wide open (running 300-325), single chunk of applewood for just a hint of smoke. 23 minutes per side. That's a Chili-Lime (also Oakridge) rubbed pork loin photo-bombing on the right.

picture.php

The finished product. Just a basic buffalo to top it off (Frank's, butter, and dash of Worcestershire). I didn't want to go crazy with the sauce this run since I already know what I will do there. The twig of Thai Basil went in the trash after the pic.

The finished product was frickin' delicious! That HDD is the real deal - in both flavor and heat. It had a nice, creeping heat that'll compliment the kill-your-face sauce I'll be making for the event. The Chile-Lime was no slouch either. I'm sold on the Oakridge rubs.

Thanks for the inspiration. Doing HDD wings tonight.

Great looking wings btw.

Back