First attempt - Vortex and Kettle fried wings

northeast bbqer

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I've been inspired by the recent posts of Vortex wings, so I thought I'd try some "fried" chicken wings with my Vortex.

I added some Oakridge Habanero Death Dust to the flour mixture to give it a little kick.
20160623_190443_zpsosx3vu64.jpg

I got distracted with some sausages on the gasser, so I ended up letting them go for 40 minutes. As you can see, a few extra crispy edges.
20160623_195755_zpslcmdpmy9.jpg

That didn't stop them from getting devoured!
20160623_202921_zpsknaoqi7k.jpg

Not bad for my first try. Crunchy with that desired heat I was looking for. Thanks for stopping by.

Those look outstanding! Crispy edges are good! I'm expecting my shipment from Oakridge tomorrow..... Just hope Mrs. Speed doesn't freak out when she sees the size and weight of the box! ��

Yep, got my vortex today, and hoping to get oakridge tomorrow for some wings this weekend! The lady of the house was already eyeballing me today opening the vortex "what did you get now"!

Yep, got my vortex today, and hoping to get oakridge tomorrow for some wings this weekend! The lady of the house was already eyeballing me today opening the vortex "what did you get now"!

She'll be fine once she sees the results!

Looks excellent but judging by your plate you already knew that :grin:

Back