MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:52 PM   #1
rdberry76
Found some matches.

Red face Yet another How much should I fix question

First off I wanna say that you guys are a ton of help to someone that is just getting started cooking for the masses like myself. I have been cooking for the guys at work for a while now and have a loaded potato casserole that they are crazy about. Next week they are wanting me to cook ribeye sandwiches, the casserole and desserts for 350. My question is how many full pans of the hashbrown casserole do I cook? Keep in mind that this is for a bunch of hungry coal miners not many of which are light weights in the eats department.

Thanks again for your help

Rob
Rooter-Tooter BBQ
rdberry76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-22-2013, 06:35 PM   #2
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

How big is the rib-eye portion? If the rib-eye sandwich is around 1/3 pound, then you might want to allot 1/4 pound of potatoes each. Most folks feel absolutely stuffed with a full 1/2 pound of food in them. I would probably look at 1/3 pound of finished product per man.

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:05 PM   #3
rdberry76
Found some matches.

The ribeyes are about a 1/4" thick on a hoagie bun. Each man will get 2 sandwiches, the casserole and choice between 2 desserts. They will b serving themselves. I didn't know if 1/4lb would b enough on casserole or if I should go 1/3lb per person
Old 03-23-2013, 09:15 PM   #4
IamMadMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdberry76 View Post
The ribeyes are about a 1/4" thick on a hoagie bun. Each man will get 2 sandwiches, the casserole and choice between 2 desserts. They will b serving themselves. I didn't know if 1/4lb would b enough on casserole or if I should go 1/3lb per person
Sounds like some hungry boys there... Maybe you should up it to be sure..

If they eat two sandwiches, plus casserole, and two desserts, make sure you count your fingers before you leave... LOL
IamMadMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 03-23-2013, 10:32 PM   #5
landarc

Go with 1/3 pound potatoes per person, that should be enough. Sounds like real big eaters to me.

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:04 PM   #6
rdberry76
Found some matches.

They r big eaters but burn it off running around underground for ten hours. Thanks for your help
Old 03-25-2013, 11:27 AM   #7
cynfulsmokersbbq
Full Fledged Farker

I will need to double check with Mrs. Cynful, but we just did a 250 person wedding, with cheesy potato casserole and I think we had 17 half-pans.
cynfulsmokersbbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #8
HBMTN
is Blowin Smoke!

I make one that uses 10lbs of potatoes plus other ingredients and it fills a full pan and will feed on average 40-45 people per pan. I'd say at least 9-10 full pans.
HBMTN is offline   Reply With Quote