MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-07-2012, 01:04 PM   #1
mattdean1003
On the road to being a farker

Default Restaurant Depot prices

I keep seeing threads posted about Restaurant Depot and their incredible prices on meats. I usually buy my meats from the local Bells food store, and generally get really good prices on stuff.Here are a few examples... I can usually get a near pound chuck steak for about 3 bucks, and Boston butts are usually 1.49 to 1.89 a pound. Sirloin and ribeyes usually vary in price but their rib prices keep me coming back for more..."Pork ribs" as labled on the pack, are normally 1.99 a pound, maybe even 2.50 a pound a times, but still not terribly priced. We stopped in to get some teabags last night and I saw they had full pork loins in stock, and a 7.5 pound full loin was right at 20 bucks.

Found out there's a RD not too far from here and was just curious if the prices were worth the hour drive for me..lol
mattdean1003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2012, 01:08 PM   #2
luke duke
is One Chatty Farker

I don't really shop there for the price. I shop there for the selection, consistency and availability.
luke duke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2012, 01:23 PM   #3
Crimson
Knows what a fatty is.

Pork loin here in there ad is $1.94 lb and its usully IBP
$2.59 Choice brisket.
You cant just by a steak.
Agnus tenderloin are a little over $10
Heres the link then on the right side it said get a fly emailed click that then you can add your state and location then hit get flyer for the sale
Items.
http://www.restaurantdepot.com/
Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2012, 02:18 PM   #4
palmtreefrb
is one Smokin' Farker

Here is the current flyer...
Restaurant Depot December Flyer

Old 12-07-2012, 03:04 PM   #5
chriscw81
is One Chatty Farker

my suggestion would be got there and look, your jaw will drop when you see the meat selection. you dont have to have the membership just to get in and look around. i'm in virginia and got great prices on tr-itip(bulk), chicken breast(bulk), and i got a single brisket at a great price too. I did notice that not everything was cheaper. for example i saw pork shoulder for probably just under $2 a pound and i get them for 1.29 a pound at wegmans anyday of the week. it's more about the selection on some things, for example i could never get a pork should near as big as the ones they had at RD. meat prices always vary on location so ymmv. hopes this helps

[B][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]UDS | [COLOR=blue]Blue[/COLOR] Weber Performer Platinum | Chargriller Akorn | 22.5 Weber OTG | WSJ Gold | Mini WSM | Maverick ET-73 | [COLOR=blue]Blue [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Thermapen | Maverick PT-100 |[/COLOR] Gasser(charcoal chimney starter)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
chriscw81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2012, 03:49 PM   #6
MeatyOakerSmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke duke View Post
I don't really shop there for the price. I shop there for the selection, consistency and availability.
Ditto to this... I shop there when I can't find stuff elsewhere however a local supermarket with a sale wins nearly every time with price (not necessarily quality) on the typical cut of meat. RD's specials are sometimes unbeatable but, depending what the item is, the quantity you have to buy might make the supermarket buy better for you. Basically I answered with a "it depends" sorry about that
18.5" WSM (Model #2820)
UDS
La Caja China
COS - Oklahoma Joe Highlander
Lang 48 Patio
Grilla Silverbac Original
Formerly known as IbrahimSS
MeatyOakerSmoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2012, 04:47 PM   #7
dano
is one Smokin' Farker

Prices aren't bad. The selection is the reason I go. Tough to find a prime cut packer which they usually have plenty of. If you are a KCBS member that can get you a pass. Got me in every time before I became a member.
dano is offline   Reply With Quote