Jedmaster

Chris Lilly cooks on one. The company is out of business but their rotisserie cookers are great.

Owned several of the rotisserie units back in the late 90's early 00's. Still have one of their 20x35 grills that I bought in 1997 and will be cooking a chuck roast on it today. Quality craftsmanship, but very expensive. I'd like to have one of the small rotisserie's like Chris Lilly uses for competition, but I don't think many of those units were made.

Robert

Robert I agree there's not many around I knew Chris Lilly cooked on them. I have a friend that has one of there small rotisseries and that's the only one that I have actually seen in person. There's gotta be some floating around because they seem bullet proof I believe who ever still has one has it under lock and chain. Lol

Robert were the rotisseries you had back then there big models did they use the ring of fire basket in them ?

Robert were the rotisseries you had back then there big models did they use the ring of fire basket in them ?

Yes, they did have the Ring of Fire basket. The basket held about 20 pounds of charcoal and would burn about 12-16 hours perhaps longer depending on temp your were cooking.

The grill that I have has an adjustable charcoal grate. I had Dennis build me a rectangular charcoal basket with a removable deflector plate that allows me to control the fire more precisely and get a longer burn time. Holds about 10 pounds of charcoal.

Robert

Thanks Robert, I've built several pits over the years and one was a big uninsulated rotisserie. I sold it recently and I have started getting material for a large insulated pit it's going to be a combination of everything I've seen and learned over the years hopefully it will cook as good as a Jed.

Thanks Robert, I've built several pits over the years and one was a big uninsulated rotisserie. I sold it recently and I have started getting material for a large insulated pit it's going to be a combination of everything I've seen and learned over the years hopefully it will cook as good as a Jed.

I think Big Bob Gibson's comp trailer had the larger 36x60 and then the smaller rotisserie. Bad Byron had one of the smaller rotisseries as well. Those are the only two that I can think of that had the smaller units.

Good luck with your build.

Robert

Thanks, your right I've seen a video with Chris Lilly cooking on those. Byron is a friend of mine and his Jed is the only one I I've seen in person.

Back