Kosmos Q

countryrocker212

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Anything worth checking out from them? I’ve tried the honey bee rub and wasn’t impressed but still wanna order some peach jalapeño glaze. What else should I try?

Kosmos makes some really good stuff. I have tried most of their offerings and will offer some thoughts.

Rib glazes: overall they are pretty good. I have the Pineapple Habanero in the pantry so I can't quite comment on that one yet. Otherwise, they are fun to try on a rack of ribs or mix with BBQ sauce.

BBQ Sauces: Sweet smoke, Cherry Habanero, Peach Habanero are all very good. I really like them. I am bummed that they are discontinuing the 1/2 gallons, but I stocked up on a few to get me through next summer. Haven't tried the Competition or the Honey Jalapeno.

Rubs: Some of these are really good in combination. Killer Honey Bee with Dirty Bird is really great on ribs/pork butts. Texas Beef is similar to Boar's Night Out "White Lightning" (if you've ever tried that). Cow Cover (or CC Hot) is worth a shot too.

I also tried his brisket mop with some beef consume for my last brisket (and a chuckie before that). I really liked it.

That said, I probably use his sauces more than his rubs or injections. When I am done with BPS Cattle Prod, I think I may give one of his brisket injections a try.

You can't go wrong with Kosmo's products or his flat rate shipping.

^^^His brisket injections are proven winners.

Thanks for the insightful thoughts on the other products.

His rubs are proven winners, too. Quality product.

Dirty Bird is probably my favorite commercial rub as it has a ton of flavor, gives great color, and goes on every type of meat.

The rib glazes are nice but not everybody likes habanero-level heat. They're not going to burn your face off or anything, but my parents couldn't eat any of the ribs with any of his glazes. Again, not super duper hot, but hot enough to be uncomfortable for some.

As for his brisket injections I feel like they are good but they certainly give off a "chemical" flavor...more so than I what I can taste with competitors similar products. I'm much more a fan of Cattle Prod (Big Poppa Smokers) than any of Kosmo's brisket injections.

His BBQ sauces are pretty good overall, though I don't understand the hype for his Original sauce. It just doesn't seem to have much flavor in my opinion.

This is all down to my personal tastes so obviously your mileage will vary. I respect Kosmo and all that he has done for the BBQ community as a whole and I really have tried just about every one of his products. Most are good, but few are great...just my experience.

Lots of great products. Used by a lot of comp teams yet they still work great in the back yard.

Rubs: texas beef, dirty bird hot.

Sauce: original comp, cherry habanero and honey jalapeño.

Injections: reserve blend for beef, chicken injection and chicken soak. Pork soak is pretty good too. I prefer butchers for pork injection. Used his phosphates for years as well.

Rib glaze: apple habanero.

They don’t get a lot of airplay on here like a lot of other great products but the quality is consistent and the shipping is fast and fair.

I like the Kosmos Prime Reserve for brisket. It's my preferred injection for competition style brisket but I usually use Minor's for eating style brisket, if I inject at all.

Well I just got the peach jalapeño glaze. That should go good with the heath riles peach rub I ordered too.

I have gotten to where Kosmos is all I order. I love the Dirty Bird Hot and Cow Cover. I enjoyed the apple habanero glaze even though I am not a glaze type person. Have his brisket injection on the way and should be here by Friday. I am hoping to give it a run on Sunday.

Reserve brisket injection, pork injection, chicken injection, chicken soak, killer bee, dirty bird, dirty bird hot, cow cover, pineapple rib glaze, apple hab rib glaze, comp sauce are all worth checking out imo. If the injection are to "chemically" tasting, try to reduce the amount of powder for the injection.

Back