DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Due to Ninja’s taco post I’ve been craving some tacos. I made up some Carne Asada with some Nice flap meat the local market had on sale. Here are most of the ingredients for the marinate.

Recipe is as follows: (A combination of Tyler Florence’s and one from Allrecipes.com)
2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
2 tbsp. soy sauce
4 gloves of garlic – minced.
2 limes juiced
1 orange juiced
1/2 tsp. salt.
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. white pepper
1/2 tsp. chipotle pepper
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 cup EVOO

Mix everything up in a bowl

Diced up one jalapeno,

1/4 cup packed cilantro

and added it plus 1/4 cup diced onion to the pool and stirred.

Here is the flap meat.

I cut it into more manageable pieces and put it plus the marinate into a gallon Ziploc and massaged it to get good coverage.

While it was getting happy I diced up some more onion and cilantro and made up some Avocado Tomatillo salsa.

Later I got my Weber OTS ready and lite up some charcoal in my chimney.

Once it was up to temp I put on the meat.

Once it was close to being done I warmed up some street taco tortillas.

Once everything was done I cut up the meat into strips and then approximate 3/4" pieces.

I then set up the taco cart, errr I mean bar and we sat down to eat.

Plated street taco style with a Negro Modelo.

Muy delicioso!

Thanks for looking.

Those are my style tacos DH. I love the avocado salsa as well. Hands down my favorite salsa. Looks amazing!! :thumb:

Y'all Cali boys make better food than the Mexican folks around here do. Dangit man do those tacos look good.

Looks delicious. If I were to go in my local market and buy that same cut of beef, would I be looking for a package that said "flap meat" on it ? thanks

DerHusker, great looking Street Tacos. I'm sure they were good. That's interesting small charcoal basket underneath. I would have never thought of that, perfect for small cooks.

Back