Da schau! Oa Brezn', oa Weischwurst, Kartoffelsalat und Rotkraut. Und oan Biah. Oan, zwoa, gsuffa! (All said with an heavy bavarian accent)
Besides that I'm from the North Sea Shore and we hate the Bavarian Way of Life by tradition you did a really good job with your meal. :eusa_clap
Funny thing is, their is no such thing as "German" Kartoffelsalat. My mom, (from saxonia) prefers thin slices, plenty of mayonnaise, chopped apples, eggs, cucumber, tomatoes and corn in her potato salad. My mother in law (eastfrisia) is more the pure vinegar-potato-chunk type. In other regions they serve him warm, with chopped ham.
Your "Rotkraut" looks also delicious. We mostly serve 'em on Sundays with turkey, Roast oder Schweinebraten. My Grandma (Thuringia) served it with her famous dumplings. But this is too heavy for every weekend. So we save this recipe for Christmas.
Anyway, to make a long story short: Hope you'll enjoy your "Oktoberfest" You did good. Äääähm, one thing: Your beer bottles are too small. At the real Oktoberfest the serve "Eine Maß" this is 1ltr. (10€ plus, when I had the pricing right in mind):-D

Da schau! Oa Brezn', oa Weischwurst, Kartoffelsalat und Rotkraut. Und oan Biah. Oan, zwoa, gsuffa! (All said with an heavy bavarian accent)
Besides that I'm from the North Sea Shore and we hate the Bavarian Way of Life by tradition you did a really good job with your meal. :eusa_clap
Funny thing is, their is no such thing as "German" Kartoffelsalat. My mom, (from saxonia) prefers thin slices, plenty of mayonnaise, chopped apples, eggs, cucumber, tomatoes and corn in her potato salad. My mother in law (eastfrisia) is more the pure vinegar-potato-chunk type. In other regions they serve him warm, with chopped ham.
Your "Rotkraut" looks also delicious. We mostly serve 'em on Sundays with turkey, Roast oder Schweinebraten. My Grandma (Thuringia) served it with her famous dumplings. But this is too heavy for every weekend. So we save this recipe for Christmas.
Anyway, to make a long story short: Hope you'll enjoy your "Oktoberfest" You did good. Äääähm, one thing: Your beer bottles are too small. At the real Oktoberfest the serve "Eine Maß" this is 1ltr. (10€ plus, when I had the pricing right in mind):-D
Danke BastelWastel. I’m unsure as to what some of your German means (My German is very limited) but I understand what you’re saying about the "German" Kartoffelsalat. (Potato Salad) There are so many recipes out there that are called "German" Potato Salad. I just picked one that I thought I would enjoy and was close to what I think of as "German" Potato Salad. I do know that the bier was very small for an Oktoberfest serving. All I can say is it wasn’t quite Oktoberfest yet and I had to work the next day. :laugh:

Great cook Husker! It all looks and sounds delicious, thanks for sharing the recipes:-D.

KC
Thank you KC. The recipes are not mine but both the Rot Kohl (German Red Cabbage) and German Kartoffelsalat. (Potato Salad) were very good.

Also make sure to see the Soft Pretzel recipe on the other thread. They were delicious.

Back