MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:42 PM   #1
jmoney7269
Banned

Default I need a fattie stuffing!

I was in HEB today and went by one of those kiosk and tAsted some awesomeness!!! It was a slice of spicy chicken, cheese and poblano sausage. I got a call about A cookoff that we won last year from a buddy. He said one of my team mates from a old cookoff team is judging instead of competing. I know why he is doing this. He wants to judge chefs choice to see what my dish is that I win with. I have won 4 chefs choices in a row in random cookoffs and I'm not willin to let him know what it is. So I'm going with a stuffie for chefs choice Instead of my usual. It's gonna be a "bacon weave spicy chicken, cheese and poblano stuffie. What ye brethren say would be a good stuffing for that flavor profile? Gonna glaze it at the very end with my comp rib glaze. So help a brotha out!
jmoney7269 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-02-2013, 05:51 PM   #2
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

Gravy. Make em wonder.

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 04-02-2013, 08:10 PM   #3
garzanium
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoney7269 View Post
I was in HEB today and went by one of those kiosk and tAsted some awesomeness!!! It was a slice of spicy chicken, cheese and poblano sausage. I got a call about A cookoff that we won last year from a buddy. He said one of my team mates from a old cookoff team is judging instead of competing. I know why he is doing this. He wants to judge chefs choice to see what my dish is that I win with. I have won 4 chefs choices in a row in random cookoffs and I'm not willin to let him know what it is. So I'm going with a stuffie for chefs choice Instead of my usual. It's gonna be a "bacon weave spicy chicken, cheese and poblano stuffie. What ye brethren say would be a good stuffing for that flavor profile? Gonna glaze it at the very end with my comp rib glaze. So help a brotha out!
I was shooting the breeze with someone at work and they said something similar" I got an awesome idea for chef's choice..but I aint telling you" .

I have never competed- help me understand- you can turn anything in- I get that. Once you turn it in- and say- win- no one else competing will know what you won for(in regards to a general description of what you turned in)? You basically just win chef's choice category and that's that?

Old 04-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #4
Bludawg
somebody shut me the fark up.

Black bean & roasted corn salsa with queso fresco

Old 04-02-2013, 08:58 PM   #5
jmoney7269
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by garzanium View Post
I was shooting the breeze with someone at work and they said something similar" I got an awesome idea for chef's choice..but I aint telling you" .

I have never competed- help me understand- you can turn anything in- I get that. Once you turn it in- and say- win- no one else competing will know what you won for(in regards to a general description of what you turned in)? You basically just win chef's choice category and that's that?
You are correct. It can be anything meatwise except for a Categeory turn in.
We used to place alot of 2nd and 3rds always getting bested by my buddy Jason and now we have won some huge jackpots with this dish, beating him 4 times in a row. It burns him up to know that we cooked at steak, but not knowing what else went into the box. obviously he had Someone shiggin us, so we do everything in the Motorhome now, especially turn ins, slicing and box assembly. I have had to lock the door several times to keep this shigger out of my Motorhome when doin my prep. "Knock knock knock, I brought you a beer!" And you hear the handle try to open. "No thanks I got 48 still!" Lol. It's kind of a fun game to play with him. I always tell him when he asks what we did "I can't tell you all that BOY!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludawg View Post
Black bean & roasted corn salsa with queso fresco
Recipe??
jmoney7269 is offline   Reply With Quote