Freezer is getting empty

JEStucker

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
That one particular harbor, So far, but yet so nea
Less than a month out from the end of the year bonus, good timing to be ready to restock the freezer. Just pulled my last Brisket (12.4lb) from the freezer to put in the fridge to thaw... probably tomorrow evening I'll have to switch to a cold water bath to finish the thaw.

Goal is, start cooking late Sunday night, early Monday morning. May separate the point and flat, don't know yet, we'll see how it talks to me during trimming.

Everyone else in the house is working Monday, my boss is an 11B Army combat vet, so we take off in observance of Veteran's Day.

Hopefully get some food pron posted Monday!

I suck at freezer management; when I see a good sale, I buy too much meat. Last month, I threw out briskets and ribs from 2014! Good luck on your cook. I'm working Monday and wish I was smoking a brisket instead!

Haha! Seems like its taking forever to empty my freezers. I have a 5.5cu. ft. full of pork cuts from where I ordered a whole hog from a local farm.. I still have a 7.5 freezer full of roasts and other stuff from the half cow I ordered in march. when I ran out of steak and ground beef I ordered a box set of steaks and 20lb ground beef. So it seems like I haven't even put a dent in it yet!

Haha! Seems like its taking forever to empty my freezers. I have a 5.5cu. ft. full of pork cuts from where I ordered a whole hog from a local farm.. I still have a 7.5 freezer full of roasts and other stuff from the half cow I ordered in march. when I ran out of steak and ground beef I ordered a box set of steaks and 20lb ground beef. So it seems like I haven't even put a dent in it yet!

Know the feeling!

Back