MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Road Trips

Notices

Brethren Road Trips The travel logs of our members. Q- joints, restaurants, entertainment, reviews while we travel around the 50 states. Also, Post here for a shout out to members to meet up with while on the road.

Old 05-30-2021, 06:36 PM   #1
SmokingHotNurse
Found some matches.

Name/Nickname : Randal
Default KC Pilgrimage

Planning on a July pilgrimage to Kansas City, and just wondering what are the iconic Que spots I need to hit. Any advice?

Old 05-31-2021, 12:08 PM   #2
sudsandswine
Quintessential Chatty Farker

So there's "iconic" and there are "the best showcase of KC's BBQ", sometimes those two things intersect but not always.

I really like Q39, SLAP's, Jack Stack (closer to the "traditional" end of the KC spectrum), Char Bar, and Joe's KC. Char Bar has a nice outdoor area with a bar, yard games, and dining seating...might be a good place to make an evening of. Gates and Arthur Bryant's are some of the more prominent "old school" KC 'que joints, of those two I prefer the latter. Zarda's, and Smokehouse are pretty good. LC's is another place that is probably considered "iconic" as far as KC barbecue is concerned, I believe I read that the owner/founder recently passed away. Woodyard BBQ is pretty good, as the name suggests, they sell wood there in the parking lot area next to the restaurant. Harp BBQ has gotten a lot of attention recently, although I've not had it...I think it's a "Saturdays" and or "popup" kind of thing. He operates out of Crane Brewery on Saturdays until sell out, and their beer is pretty good too.

There's a lot of good places to have barbecue here, I certainly haven't listed them all. Just kind of depends where you're staying and how long you'll be here.

Last edited by sudsandswine; 05-31-2021 at 12:18 PM..
sudsandswine is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 05-31-2021, 03:08 PM   #3
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

Well, that ought to be enough for the first day anyway. Might provide a few others for day 2.
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 04:18 PM   #4
sudsandswine
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Danny Edwards on Southwest Boulevard
Burnt End BBQ in Overland Park
Porkys Blazin BBQ on the east edge of the metro
Plowboys BBQ, either downtown or in Blue Springs on the way to Porky’s
Smoking’ Guns just north of downtown (of the “Smokin’ Guns Hot barbecue seasoning fame)