Just another reason why this forum is AWESOME JimmyR1Rider

jasonjax

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
So a couple weeks ago JimmyR1Rider posted about not being able to make it to Myron Mixon's BBQ class because he had to leave his dogs etc. I posted I might be interested in buying his seat if I could make it work for my schedule.

Cleared everything with the wife, checked the schedule, a couple PM's with Jim, and a voicemail phone tag plus live call later.....

Jim asks me if I was a LEO ... I was a Reserve Police Officer w/ the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office for 8 years (my avatar is of my kid in the back of a patrol car) before I had to medically retire due to back surgery gone very bad. Turns out Jim is retired FDNY. Jim tells me he wants to GIVE me the class. This class ain't cheap.

Anyways, THANK YOU to Jim, and IMHO just another example of how amazing this forum and community is.

Class was fricken awesome by the way. Myron is one cool, funny dude.
I3S8Otpl.jpg

Great Brethren gesture on behalf of JimmyR1Rider. I hope you had a great time.
Kudos JimmyR1Rider.......

BTW.... another Brethren was in attendance at the class, it was Smoking Piney. I hope you got to meet John in person as well...

Very cool gesture. So glad it worked out for you. These guys rock!

To all the Brethren, this is just one of very many reasons that this forum is so great and awesome. Everyone is truly a friend and brother.

Great story! Of all the things you must have learned in the class, were there a couple of things that you could share?

Wow what a great way to start the day reading about someone doing a great thing for a brother!

Back