Look what came today!

Was gonna do a brisket for Sunday but we have 20plus mph winds forecast starting at noon Saturday and lasting till almost midnight.... how are pellet grills in high winds?

Winds had zero effect on my Memphis elite. They did effect my yoder however. Bigger temp swings and a lot more fuel burner. That being said, it never effected the end result of the food that I could tell. Get er dirty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would buy one of those grills if it didn't have those cheesy bull horns for handles. I'm sure they have aftermarket mods for that

Super nice grill. I don't suppose you could measure from the ground to grill level for me?

First cook is done! Grill is christened and ready to rock - I’m not a huge fan of the horns either but man! They didn’t affect the flavor or the cook one bit - this is some delicious Q - I am totally stoked and ready to throw down some great cooks!!

Last edited:
Congrats on the 700. I have had my 680 for quite some time now and have 0 complaints. Best ever customer service. ENJOY!:eusa_clap

Very nice. While I don't have a pellet grill, I did make a wind break some years back out of 3/4" thick plywood for my WSM that I had at the time. Each plywood section is 2' wide by 4' tall. I have two sections tied together with hinges and I have two of these setups, so four total sections.

They work very well and are heavy enough so that they won't blow over. It's windy here about 95% of the time so they come in handy a lot.

Second cook - 9lb butt started at 3am... 2hrs on Lo (max smoke) then bumped it to 225 - few more hours to go.... gettin ‘er dirtied up now!

Last edited:
Looking good. Just don't try to tell us it makes Q on par with your stick burner. Except for chicken. Pellet burners kick ass at cooking chicken.

Beautiful cooker! I thought the 590 comp cart looked good but the 700 is in another class with that comp cart! Congrats!

Back