• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Southwest Chicken Salad

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
We went to a party on Friday and a Baby Shower on Saturday so I only had Sunday to do any cooking of my own. My wife was very happy to hear of the “Salad” throwdown so salad it was. I took 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts and rubbed them down with some Smokey Mesquite seasoning and let them rest for 2 hours in the fridge.

While they were resting I made up some guacamole and kept it in the fridge. With only two breasts to cook I set up my smallest grill. (Weber Jumbo Joe) While the charcoal was heating up I cooked up some Corn

and some black beans.

Charcoal is ready

and on they go.

While they were cooking I cut up some lettuce.

After the chicken reached 160 and brought it in and sliced it up.

Here it is all put together in a bowl waiting to be served with some scallions and cilantro as a garnish.

And a close up.

It was Delicious!

Thanks for looking.

Thanks all. And just so you know, the Baby Shower wasn't what you'd think. Our friends were throwing a baby shower (Think Party :whoo:) for their daughter and son-in-law. My wife and I held both of the parents to be when they were baby's themselves so naturally we were invited. They were grilling chicken, steak and veggie kebabs for everyone and of course I offered to help out. It would've been better over charcoal but everything was still delicious. Was able to snap this one pic.

Attachments

• 20160402_153002[1].jpg
    20160402_153002[1].jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 75
Nice salad Husker,

my wife liked the salad TD idea so much she joined the brethren to make an entry

Back