With my New York brim and my gold tooth displayed....

DubfromGA

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
.....nobody give me trouble 'cause they know I got it made.......

Not a care in the world today.

My Pirates finally won another game yesterday and I have the day off tomorrow so I can really enjoy the Falcons game tonight.

A hongry family to cook for and some ZZ Top on the speakers.

Indoor & outdoor cooking today. Bigtime fun. :-D

I have the pleasure of a long weekend and I asked my son if there was anything in particular he wanted me to cook at some point. He replied right away that he wanted another batch of double-decker tacos.

Easily done. Especially easy as I shopped two different stores yesterday and found some killer sales on stuff.

Meat Church's Fajita rub was used on the leftover grilled thighs from yesterday and on the skirt steak.

Usual suspects lined up for this Tex-Mex meal.

First order of bidness was to mix up a proper batch of guacamole.

Son also requested some street corn.....happy to oblige. I love grilled corn. Tossed on some poblano peppers, too....in case anyone wanted some with some queso.

Fired up the Weber kettle.....

They ate and saved me a single ear of corn....and I had to get indignant to salvage that lone ear. :boxing:

Did up some lean ground with onions, chilis and jalapeños & seasoning.

Steak went on last......

It was just right for these double-decker tacos.

Guac, queso (not in pics) and this salsa (excellent flavor) went on table for appetizers as I rang the dinna bell.

Tacos had a layer of beans & cheese between the hard & soft shells.....then another bit of cheese, ground mixture, chicken, queso and steak.

They added the steak and Monterey blend cheese after the pics were taken....

I was able to snag a taco to go with my corn for a tasty halftime meal during the Falcon's game.

Bro... that whole meal looks fantastic.... love the guacamole with fresh jalapeños. Outstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Holy Cow! You have done that dead beast right!

I love the details!

I have a chuckie wrapped on the UDS with garlic and onions wrapper in foil at 300F, but your feast looks awesome!

Thank you, Brethren.

It was a fun cook.

Always great when you can work leftovers into a meal and everyone is happy.

They went nuts over this meal even though it lacked vegetables other than the corn, lol.

Any meal that I can prepare for my tribe while enjoying good music....both indoor and outdoor.....a grill.....and the stovetop.....is good stuff. One of the best things that's happened to my kitchen was when a Marshall amp bluetooth speaker was added.....I crank that sucka every single day I'm off work.

I used one of my "mid grade" knives since there were avocados. Kept it out and diced the onions & jalapeños with it....and was reminded that I need to get a proper sharpener for these utility blades.

I'm stingy with my good knives and send them in routinely to the manf's resharpening services.

Stomach is growling and those look like the medicine to fix it! Outstanding! Btw I get these from a local eatery and he calls them goofy tacos

Lookin good Dub - Now Ryan needs to throw TD's to Hopper and Sanu!

I'll take two each!

"I asked my son if there was anything in particular he wanted me to cook at some point.".
It's covered.

I used one of my "mid grade" knives since there were avocados. Kept it out and diced the onions & jalapeños with it....and was reminded that I need to get a proper sharpener for these utility blades.

I'm stingy with my good knives and send them in routinely to the manf's resharpening services.

I've had one of these for a couple years. They make dull knives as sharp as you want them. I'm talking scary sharp.

https://www.amazon.com/Work-Sharp-WSKTS-KO-Knife-Sharpener/dp/B00EJ9CQKA

Last edited:
Dub...

Taco Tuesday, you missed the mark man.

That cook looks fricking outstanding!

Back