MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-26-2013, 11:31 AM   #1
Graphix
Got rid of the matchlight.

Default Just picked up a Performer and I am looking for some tips on grilling for two.

Just used our performer last night for the first time. Everything came out good but I felt like it was very chaotic and everything was cooking too fast. How do you guys set up your kettles for grilling? Last nights menu was burgers, asparagus and zuchini. How would you do it? I used the two charcoal baskets filled and in the middle of the grill. I am thinking maybe I should have not used them and formed a pile on one side of the grill. Burgers seared beautifully but veggies were cooking too fast.
Thanks
Brendan
Graphix is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-26-2013, 12:36 PM   #2
1911Ron
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Ron

I would say you are on the right track. I would set up a two zone fire (cool zone and a hot zone) then you could move things from one side to the other as needed.

Oh btw you might want to have this moved to Q Talk, more folks would see it and could chime in.