MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-04-2011, 04:00 PM   #1
DirtyDirty00
is one Smokin' Farker

Default First Fatty... First ABT's... First GOOD Pork Butt!!!... PRON!

I was readin around and thought it was about time i tried my first fatty and some ABT's! (also a nice pork butt)

up nice and early! forgot my flashlight!

mmmmm.... butt all rubbed up and ready to go! also injected with some apple juice mixed with worcestershire sauce. first time injecting.

ABT's all ready to go!!! didnt have the little sausages so i put some ham in em. some were cream cheese, some were cheddar, and some were mixed.

NOW FOR THE FATTY... started with a bacon weave...

sausage... roasted garlic... roasted peppers... also put on provolone cheese and spinach...

and rolled it up!!!

on teh smoker they all go! the butt first. then the fatty i did for around 3 hours till the bacon was nice and crisp! then the ABT's about 40 minutes.

Sorry! ABT's were so good that they were almost all gone by the time i remember to take a pic!

the fatty was really good too! sliced it up and handed out slices.

heres a pic of the butt when i took it out

I left the foil on it. Wrapped it up in a towel and threw it in the cooler for 30 minutes. Took it out. Never had the bone come out so easy. It just lifted right out. I put on my rubber gloves and just pulled away. a minute later was some of the moistest juiciest yummiest pulled pork i ever had!!! sorry i forgot to take pics of the pork after i pulled it. ate it on some nice soft buns with a little bbq sauce on top and a spoon of cole slaw on it as well!

I hadnt made pulled pork bc last year i did a shoulder and undercooked it by about 4 hours. Need not say that i was sick that night and have been afraid to try it again ever since.

but this was much a success. One of my buddies has been textin me since about dreams about the "jalapeno poppers" that i made.

Time to crank out some more next weekend! mmmmm!!!

Wishlist:
22.5" WSM
DirtyDirty00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-04-2011, 04:04 PM   #2
augie
is one Smokin' Farker

Nice job!

WSM
Weber 22.5" Kettle (2X)
augie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-04-2011, 04:06 PM   #3
hamiltont
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : hamiltont

Looks like your nailed every one of 'em. Congrats! Cheers!!!

Old 08-04-2011, 07:30 PM   #4
Chef Jim
Babbling Farker

Awesome pictures! Welcome

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][FONT=Tahoma]A veteran is Someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are far too many people in this country who no longer understand it. Author unknown.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR=Red][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Chef Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-04-2011, 07:43 PM   #5
martyleach
Quintessential Chatty Farker

No pictures????? I don't see anything...

Custom wooden handles for BBQ's made by Marty Leach (oh, that's me)
[url]http://www.amlwoodart.com[/url]
martyleach is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-04-2011, 07:45 PM   #6
ozlites
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Ozzy

I'm not seeing pictures either...

Old 08-04-2011, 07:46 PM   #7
DirtyDirty00
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiltont View Post
Looks like your nailed every one of 'em. Congrats! Cheers!!!
Yes. Thank you! This was the first time i feel that all i set to do cane out nailed. My ribs r hit n miss but steadily climbing more towards hit. I only do babys tho so i gotta start workin on my spares. And my brisket is not the best. Its either dry or if it is juicy its not too tender. I gotta do one this weekend and try to use foil for the first time.

Wishlist:
22.5" WSM

Old 08-04-2011, 07:48 PM   #8
DirtyDirty00
is one Smokin' Farker

No pics??? Hmmm. They were working! Ut oh! Lemme check up on that

Wishlist:
22.5" WSM