• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Quick Brisket, Ribs And A New Sauce To Try

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
First, Thanks MadMan (Bob) for sending me out a bottle of the Yes Dear Comp BBQ sauce. :thumb: This worked out perfect since I had company over yesterday and perfect time to try it.

dxZG3m0h.jpg

Quick cook because my company was set to arrive at 4pm so Hunsaker was perfect for the job. Brisket took 4 hours and the ribs took 2 hours. :becky: Put the brisket on 11:30am and pulled at 3:30pm. Ribs went on at 2:00pm and pulled at 4:00pm and they managed to go a little over still.:laugh:

jUqwUD8h.jpg

Anyway, started with a ver nice quality prime from Costco

HgVYlGGh.jpg

The marbling in the flat was just insane :shocked:

JwjylCvh.jpg

Separated the flat to cook

oatgm9hh.jpg

And kept the point for me :heh:

kKYt814h.jpg

Oakridge Black Ops

h6iH2Xjh.jpg

About 2 and a 1/2 hours later this is what it looked like before the wrap

QqQggigh.jpg

Put two rack of ribs on. One rubbed with Oakridge Dominator the other just S&P for the non-sweet eaters

5E1Fsrfh.jpg

About done

hCMzjWrh.jpg

Brisket sliced

b8ton8ih.jpg

Into 1/2" slices :thumb:

16gLnF1h.jpg

Brisket, ribs, wangs with mashed taters and gravy...... Needless to say they were very good. When it comes to bbq sauce, Blues Hog is still the bar for me. Gotta say this is a very well balanced sauce though and I absolutely loved the lingering pleasant heat on the palate. Thumbs up for sure and even the non-sauce eaters devoured the Yes Dear sauced ribs. That says something. :thumb: Thanks again Bob!

DarePiuh.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Kept the point for myself...:thumb:

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It all looks great Neighbor! Dibs on leftovers. :grin:

Wow. I’m constantly amazed at the great smokes/cooks posted here. And this one... well its fantastic even given the stiff competition. That brisket looks super good. It had some of the best marbling I’ve seen from a store in a long time. And the ribs - well ribs are my fav - even discounting my “biased” position, they look awesome as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Crazy marbling there. Fantastic looking vittles!

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looks fantastic! Every time I see a product come off of someone’s Hunsaker it really makes me think I need to just pull the trigger and get one! Great looking meal!

Awesome cook! What do you think about the Meater now that you've had time with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome cook! What do you think about the Meater now that you've had time with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!

I didn't have high hopes to be honest but surprisingly it works and works very well. I like it. The app is awesome too.

Back