The invasion continues...

Lid hanging hardware?

Good photos, sampson.

I like the hook you use to hang the lid. What piece of hardware is that? It looks like a pegboard hook of some kind?

Time to find a drum....I gotta build one of these....

Nice looking pron Samson!!

Nice job! I made a couple crude templates out of cardboard, that I just lay on the drum and mark away. Measurements and locations for my intakes, exhaust vents etc. Comes in handy when you start pounding out the cookers.

Great looking drum Sampson. Kiss at its best!
Some questions

How tall are your drums?

What is grate distance from top of your drum?

What is food grate distance from your fire grate and distance from bottom of drum to your fire grate?

Thanks and nice job:icon_bigsmil

Drum is about 35" tall, bottom holes are 3" up from bottom, grate is mounted at 4" from bottom, cooking grate is 24" above that, so about 7" below top of drum...

Great job on the DrumPit build and for putting the Template to Good Use.:-D
Smoke On!!!

N8man, thanks much for the template. Makes life much easier for us dimensionally challenged folks.

The hook to hang the lid is made from a brass coat hook that I got at Lowes for about $4. It's one of the ones that has two hooks. I had to bend them toward each other to make them deep enough to work. They're on the same aisle as the screws etc.

nice job for an old fart from reno nice pics to when you gonna walk me thru how to post pics again nice job on it

UDS looks great!

Does anyone have that template in PDF, I can not read what is written on the lower left hand side and in searching for 2 days have yet to find the original...maybe I'm just not searching correctly. (short bus mod)
Thanks

UDS looks great!

Does anyone have that template in PDF, I can not read what is written on the lower left hand side and in searching for 2 days have yet to find the original...maybe I'm just not searching correctly. (short bus mod)
Thanks

It probably never was a .pdf, I might have said it was. Anyway, I saved it as a .jpeg. As for whats in the corner, it really don't matter. Just use the eight circles in the center for the holes in the top, then there are three evenly spaced triangles to use for your air inlets in the bottom and then four evenly spaced squares to use for the bolts to hold up your grates... I placed the template on the lid and made marks on the edge of the lid where needed. Then placed the lid on the drum and used a plumb bob to transfer to the side of the drum down where they go.

Back