Chicken Kebabs with a Spiced Yogurt Marinate.

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
This is perhaps a little bit of an unusual meal to cook on Super Bowl Sunday but the "Skewered!" Throwdown going on and I just couldn’t get to this until today. I’m very glad I did. I had purchased some chicken thighs

and deboned and skinned them last night.

I also made up some Tzatziki sauce to go with this. (Link below)
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=224929

This morning I gathered my ingredients for the kebab marinate. (From Chef John on FoodWishes.com with a few tweaks) Here are most of them:

Into a large bowl

and mixed.

I placed the chicken in the marinate being careful to get full coverage on every piece.

I placed this in the fridge to rest for 6 hours. After they were marinating I made up some Persian rice. Here are the ingredients. (Thanks bosco)

And here it is done.

Our guests arrived around 3:15 and I set out some freshly made guacamole and chips for an appetizer. Yum! :becky:

Around 4:30 I broke out the chicken and skewered them.

Placed on the grill direct, flipping every 3 to 4 minutes. (Smell was incredible)

We heated up some Naan and some Pita bread to go with our meal.

I broke out my largest platter and served it up family style with the Persian rice, some cucumber, Hummus, grilled tomatoes, Tzatziki, Kalamata olives and some baby pickles.

Close up of the Kebab.

Money shot.

Taste was fantastic. The meat was so moist and flavorful and went perfect with all the sides.

[FONT=&quot]
Thanks for looking.[/FONT]

DerHusker,

Can you tell me where you got those skewers? They look much better than what I'm using.

Thanks!

24794911431_abc1f4543c_b.jpg

Fantastic cook DH... :hungry:

That's a great looking plate, I'd tear that up. I like those Skewers going to have to find me a set of those.

Plate needs more naan! Looks great!

How's the tzatziki? I have yet to find a recipe that matches some of my favorite greek restaurants.

DerHusker,

Can you tell me where you got those skewers? They look much better than what I'm using.

Thanks!
Thank you lkissell. They are the Todd English Titan skewers. Give that a google and you may be able to find some but I think he may have quit making them.

Plate needs more naan! Looks great!

How's the tzatziki? I have yet to find a recipe that matches some of my favorite greek restaurants.
Thank you CakeMix. That was all I could fit on the platter. I had a tortilla warmer full of Naan and Pita bread off to the side that we ate with this.

The Tzatziki was very good. Follow the link above for the recipe. It was almost as good as what I have at a local Palestinian restaurant we frequent.

Back