Worcestershire to taste
2 t chopped garlic
1T brown sugar
1T chili powder
Garlic powder
Onion powder*
Red pepper flakes*
Salt and pepper to taste
Mix all the spices/liquids together first. Sauté onion and jalapeños then Add meat. Brown for several minutes add green chilies. Cook for 2 minutes and add liquid/spice mixture and simmer for 10 minutes
Notes: liquid mixture should measure at approx. 2 cups. Perfect amount to meat ratio.*

When I first read the recipe it reminded me of spaghetti or a lasagna sauce. Perhaps Goulash. Probably just the mood when I read it. The friend who sent it to me is a solid cook. Will try eventually, best I can. Recipes and me don’t always get along. We’ve been on numerous TroutBum trips together and he carries a six pack of El Pato and personal spice mixture wherever he goes

If he's that close to you ... perhaps he'll just make it for for ? i'm sure that you have graced him with Q in the past ..

I have a very similar recipe that we make for a Rodeo Parade barbecue every July. Initially, we had sloppy Joes and hot dogs for the kids, but they became very popular with adults too.

Sounds good!

But which El Pato? Looks like they have 6 different sauces. I have tried the Jalepeno Salsa, and liked it.

Red can. Tomato Sauce with jalapeño

Sounds tasty Adams, thanks for sharing!

Back