MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Discussion and Reflection > ** AUCTION ** In the Spirit of The Brethren.

Notices

** AUCTION ** In the Spirit of The Brethren. An auction is being set up to help a brother. Please open up and read the stickies to see what we're doing.

Old 05-16-2008, 01:12 PM   #1
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil
Default Welcome to our Auction Center. This is a benefit auction. ** READ FIRST **

From the archive. 5/21/08

Brethren helping Brethren

Thats why this is here today. One of our members, Smoke-in-my-i has run into some bad luck. His daughter has been hospitalized and in order to be by her side, he has not been working. Although she is coming home soon(or may be home already), he has had a 100 mile round trip to the hospital for the past several weeks, the medical bills have accumulated and she will need continued medical care for the next several months.

Heres where we come in. Let it be said up front, BILL DOES NOT HAVE ACCESS TO THIS FORUM. HE CAN NOT SEE WHAT IS GOING ON and if anyone knows him, please keep this under wraps. In the future, once we are done, I will open it up and he can see what what transpired.

Instead of asking for donations, we are going to have an auction. All proceeds from this auction will go to Bill. Even if it just helps with one car payment, it will help him concentrate on more important things, like healing his family. Heres how it will work.

Dig stuff up.. stuff your not using, stuff you don't want, stuff you will never use.. or if your so inclined, throw some new stuff in here. Gift certificates, thermos, bbq items, etc.. Something you feel a member may be interested in.

Start a thread(using the template in red below) and that is your auction item and your donation to the auction.

Members post to that thread to bid. Either enter an auction end date, or we close it when there is no activity to that thread for 3 days. At the end of 3 days, we put up a LAST CALL. If someone bids during the LAST CALL a final 24 hour clock starts to allow for a counter bid.

Once bidding is complete, click on this link to make your payment. I will work up a few web pages to make payments to.

I will confirm with the bidder the completion of payment and the owner can ship out the product.

Of course, if you just want to make a donation that will be available too.

The proceeds will go into our paypal and it will all will be sent to Bill(Smoke in my i) to help him get back on his feet.

So please, start looking thru your stuff.. anything you want to put up for auction, take a picture of it and lets begin. Tonto and Txchutte will oversee the transactions and keep stuff flowing.

Recommended format for a new auction thread.

Auction item Description:

Starting Bid(If any):

Duration/Closing date(or no activity for 3 days):

Shipping or Pickup only:

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-21-2008, 09:50 AM   #2
Yakfishingfool
Babbling Farker

Great job Phil!!!! This is a way to get people in a giving mod while rewarding them with great items. Will have stuff up shortly!
1 Weber performer, 1 Smokey Joe Platinum
1 XL Big Green Egg
1 FEC 100
Team BBQ-Brethren.com
KCBS Certified Judge #9079
Yakfishingfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 09:58 AM   #3
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

This is tonto and txschutes idea.. Which i thought was great.

if this works, we may even leave the auction around when we are done where you guys can auction your stuff off instead of it sitting in the gasser for storage. :)

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:20 AM   #4
BobBrisket

Name/Nickname : Bob

Great idea. This week is hectic, but I'll look around for something to post next week.

This is true Brethren Spirit!!
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment....."You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty and Bull! RIP
BobBrisket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 08:11 AM   #5
Divemaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

Great idea gang! Thanks Phil for making it happen!
Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 08:28 AM   #6
Brauma

Crap! Im just seeing this! I hope Im not too late. When I get home I'll see how many jars of smoked garlic powder I can rustle up.

Community Development VP - Secret Squirrel Society (but we don't exist)
Member: KCBS. CBJ

New Braunfels Bandera - refurbished; Two Big Green Eggs; 6' fire pit; Weber Kettles; Superfast Blue Thermepan
Brauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 03:58 PM   #7
jpw23
Babbling Farker

Great ideal() Phil.......I'll see what I can find to auction off

---------------------------------------------------
Chargriller Pro with mods
El Cheapo Brinkman
Some name I can't remember Gasser
Oil Less Turkey fryer
jpw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 12:00 PM   #8
Jeff_in_KC

Great idea, guys and gals! For whatever reason, I just noticed this. I think leaving it up all the time is a good idea to help fund anything like this that comes up over the years ahead.
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 11:12 AM   #9
Dr_KY
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I found something.

Slappin that bass like some delerious funky preist!!!

UDS, Half Pint (Mini UDS), Weber, ProQ 20, Kegrilla
*250 gallon cooker- 'The Meat Beast!!'*

British BBQ Championships
Grand Champion 2008
~~~~
British BBQ Society - Southern Championship
Grand Champions 2009
Dr_KY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 04:35 PM   #10
smoke-n-my-i's
is One Chatty Farker

I will second or third this or whatever number it is.... I had thought about sending Phil a PM to suggest that there should be a special fund set up for emergencies to send flowers or whatever when it is needed.... this will work also and I think it would be more fun.... and will help some of us get rid of some less used stuff so we will have room to get some NEW toys....

I love it already.
2 UGLY drum smokers
Weber 22 1/2" & 18 1/2" Kettle
Super fast RED Thermapen
Screaming fast ORANGE Thermapen
KCBS Certified Table Captain
KCBS Certified Judge
smoke-n-my-i's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 04:52 PM   #11
Jbomb
On the road to being a farker

This is one of the many reasons I love this site. You guys are way cool.
Jbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:00 PM   #12
WannaBeBBQueen
is Blowin Smoke!

I'm sure we can help
KCBS Member
KCBS CBJ
Charbroil Bandera
Charbroil Silver Smoker/Grill
Weber Kettle 18 & 26
WSM 18 1/2
Kamado 18"
FEC 100

http://www.myspace.com/wannabebbqueen
http://www.tripadvisor.com/members/JMBred

*the views of the user Skip (The Prince Consort) do not necessarily reflect those of WannaBeBBQueen...lol
WannaBeBBQueen is offline   Reply With Quote