• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Road trip- SC

Eckie

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
We will be traveling to Florida (from Va) in November, and would like to hit a good bbq place in South Carolina. Would love to go to Scott's in Hemingway, but that looks a little far off 95 to try since we've decided to not break the trip into two days and want to make Orlando by Sat pm. I've seen mixed reviews on Sweatman's...anyone here have experience with them lately?

Other option is eat Q earlier in the drive/day at Sam Jones in Raleigh...it's not much of a detour. We will hit 95 off 40 south of Raleigh....

Come to Charleston and hit Rodney Scott's for pork.

Then head to Lewis BBQ for the brisket and especially the hot guts sausage.

Pass on Sweatman's. Someone else took it over and it's not the same.

PatAttack, thank you for your response and suggestion....
Our first trip down a couple years ago we broke up the trip and spent the night in Charleston. Would prefer to not go that far out of the way if possible. If we stay on course it's going to take almost 11 hours of just driving, not including any bathroom/gas/stretch etc stops.

Checking approximate times and distances... If I
put in Scott's in Hemingway, it adds about an hour and 36 miles to the trip. Scott's in Charleston adds about 1:20 and 62 miles. PatAttack, is there a specific reason you said Scott's in Charleston vs Hemingway? Or was it because of also hitting Lewis?

Checking approximate times and distances... If I
put in Scott's in Hemingway, it adds about an hour and 36 miles to the trip. Scott's in Charleston adds about 1:20 and 62 miles. PatAttack, is there a specific reason you said Scott's in Charleston vs Hemingway? Or was it because of also hitting Lewis?

Yes, Sir. Lewis & Rodney's place are less than a mile apart.

It's worth it, imho.

The OG Scott's is still good but not what it used to be, either.

ParAttack...how's the brisket at Lewis? I looked at their menu last night...got me pondering....

Back