Anything similar to Killer Hogs BBQ rub?

Czarbecue

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I have a meaty feast coming soon.

I don’t want to have different cuts of meat tasting all the same. I already have my house Memphis rub for STL, The BBQ rub for baby backs, and I need something for pork belly (burnt ends and pulled pork). Suggestions that I can get off amazon prior to Thursday?

I've never been disappointed with any of the Sucklebusters products. I've also recently discovered Obie-BBQ rubs and was very pleased with the one I tried.

OakRidge Comp. Beef and Pork is awesome.. some good ole Plowboys Yardbird is tasty on pork too

Plowboys is a great go to. Just be careful with it as it can get salty. I am a huge fan of the Meat Church line, especially The Gospel A/P.

The various Loot n Booty rubs are also very good. Check out www.thebbqsuperstore.com for their selection. Their branded rubs are also very good. They ship fast and flat rate, too.

Plus, it is a Brethren owned business!

Shoot over to Academy Sports in Snellville. They generally keep Sweet Rub-o-Mine at Academy,,, and they've started carrying the new Big Moe Cason rubs. Can't say they have them in stock at that store, but that's just a few minutes drive away to find out

I’m a big fan of Willies Hog Dust, I’ve used in on pork, chicken, eggs and burgers at times. And of course I’m a big fan of the naturiffic line as a base for most everything (especially q salt and peppery lime).

To give a point of reference, I like plowboys but it’s too salty fasting for me. I like Oakridge black ops and the chipotle lime but most of the others are too sweet for my tastes.

You might try the Weber Original Dry Rub. It's the only big store rub I haven't thrown out. It's sodium content is lower (340mg/1tsp) for cheaper rub. Side by side it looks very much like Killer Hog but a bit lighter. I haven't opened my Killer Hog yet so I dont know how the tastes compare. Ingredients are somewhat similar as well. You can get it at Walmart tonight.

You might try the Weber Original Dry Rub. It's the only big store rub I haven't thrown out. It's sodium content is lower (340mg/1tsp) for cheaper rub. Side by side it looks very much like Killer Hog but a bit lighter. I haven't opened my Killer Hog yet so I dont know how the tastes compare. Ingredients are somewhat similar as well. You can get it at Walmart tonight.

I’ve never had Killer Hogs BBQ rub, but I agree with this. The Weber Original Dry Rub is good. In fact, for off the shelf stuff, several or the Weber offerings are pretty good. I frequently use their Jalapeño Garlic and Habanero Garlic.

VR,
Harold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’ve never had Killer Hogs BBQ rub, but I agree with this. The Weber Original Dry Rub is good. In fact, for off the shelf stuff, several or the Weber offerings are pretty good. I frequently use their Jalapeño Garlic and Habanero Garlic.

VR,
Harold

Hi I went on Walmarts suite couldn't find Weber Original Rub? I have to go to the store and take a look.
THanks DanB

Just make this.

1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon granulated garlic
1 tablespoon granulated onion
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon white pepper

I switch out the cayenne to chipotle or whatever ground up hot peppers I have sometimes to turn up the heat.

A quick spin in the Magic Bullet gets everything mixed up nice and fine.

Back