Blues Hog BBQ Sauce

yoursangoma

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I have a pint of their BBQ sauce in my fridge. I went to use some the other day and it had partially crystallized. Has anyone else had this happen? Is there any way for me to get it back to its original perfection? Ideas on how to stop this from happening again? I stirred it up and was able to use some, but it was not exactly like it had been before.

I have a pint of their BBQ sauce in my fridge. I went to use some the other day and it had partially crystallized. Has anyone else had this happen? Is there any way for me to get it back to its original perfection? Ideas on how to stop this from happening again? I stirred it up and was able to use some, but it was not exactly like it had been before.
Set it in a pan of hot water? Weigh it down, if needed.

Crystals in the sauce may be caused by; too much sugar, not cooking the sauce long enough, cooking too slowly, or even cooking for too long.

Crystals that form only at the top of the sauce may be caused by; Allowing an opened jar to stand, Crystals are caused by the evaporation of liquid.

Never happened to me, but I would try, as mentioned already, sit the jar in hot water and see if that helps.
I buy that sauce by at least the 1/2 gallon size jug.

And while its in the warm water bath, take the time to make a dentist appointment.

Stuff is beyond sweet

Back