MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > Shirley Fabrication

Notices

Shirley Fabrication www.shirleyfabrication.com or Shirley fabrication facebook Shirley Fabrication builds custom offset smokers specializing in reverse flow. Our custom Pit Builders can switch gears at anytime to your spec in size, metal thickness and any add ons. We also do custom ornamental work, fire pits, and truck accessories. Located in Tuscaloosa Alabama Contact info is 205-310-9160 to speak with Paul.

Old 11-11-2021, 10:20 AM   #16
pjtexas1
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

I was a beta tester for shirley once. Best cooker I ever owned. Sure they did some tweaking on the straight back after they built mine but that's probably something all builders should do. They are not gonna release a subpar product.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-11-2021, 11:36 AM   #17
cdhbrad
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : CurtisH

Quote:
Originally Posted by darin1992 View Post
Hah its too bad you aren't in KC, I'm probably going to be selling mine in the next year or so to switch to a direct flow. Its a 24x36, elevated straight back with elevated warmer on wagon wheels. Hip roofs on all the chambers.
Darin: Yes, only wish I were closer as that’s pretty much my build list.
cdhbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 12:00 PM   #18
lstoker
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Landen

Quote:
Originally Posted by darin1992 View Post
Hah its too bad you aren't in KC, I'm probably going to be selling mine in the next year or so to switch to a direct flow. Its a 24x36, elevated straight back with elevated warmer on wagon wheels. Hip roofs on all the chambers.
I'm next door in Colorado. When you are ready to sell ping me! I'm always buying and selling cookers.
Old 11-11-2021, 07:18 PM   #19
Hoss
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstoker View Post
I'm next door in Colorado. When you are ready to sell ping me! I'm always buying and selling cookers.
My problem is I only buy them.
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 11-12-2021, 06:27 AM   #20
16Adams
somebody shut me the fark up.

It is a beautiful cooker. Another IG dropped

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CWLHL1-...dium=copy_link
Old 11-12-2021, 10:07 AM   #21
TuscaloosaQ
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Post View Post
Without looking at the firebox "throat" and the collector area, it's hard to say how close they are other than general external appearance IMHO.

The ASW I looked at may or may not look externally similar to other pits but, inside it has some uniqueness.

I'm not sure I would want to be a Shirley direct flow beta tester but, I also bet it is a pretty darn good smoker in its own right.

Maybe this will answer some questions…. It’s gonna pur like a Kitten

https://youtu.be/enjG69pLsKU

Check out our website at ShirleyFabrication.com

Like our Facebook Page Facebook.com/ShirleyFabrication

Last edited by TuscaloosaQ; 11-12-2021 at 12:50 PM..
TuscaloosaQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 11-12-2021, 01:54 PM   #22
Sid Post
is One Chatty Farker

Looks really good to me! All of your smokers I have been around have been top shelf quality so, no real worries about being a Beta tester. As a general matter, I try to avoid being a Beta tester because even the best companies and people tend to learn a thing or two when they go into production.

I would be interested in talking with you about a larger build similar to what you did on this one. I'm not looking for a hard quote or defined build plan today but, I am also seriously looking into a "small" trailer build.
Old 11-12-2021, 02:50 PM   #23
Chester
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Chester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enjG69pLsKU

Paul posted an update on this cooker with a fire going. Looks dead on. I think they have a winner on their hands. Be interesting to see the small tweaks applied.

Oops didn’t realize this was already posted….sorry
UDS home made and ugly
Weber Genesis II SE 330
Breeo X 24

Last edited by Chester; 11-12-2021 at 06:22 PM..
Chester is offline   Reply With Quote