first time faux burnt ends, OMG!!!! pron

AUradar

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
So last week someone asked about making faux burnt ends. Still a newbie and haven’t really heard of that, but really peaked my curiosity. I love bark and burnt ends of bbq. Later on in the week the simple brisket tutorial popped up on the main page. Just my luck cause I’m cooking my first brisket this Saturday night. In there it talked about burnt ends. O my gosh, got my mouth watering. Couldn’t wait till Sunday, had to try something for Saturday.
So I bought a beef chuck and tried to see what I could do. Turned out great, but it’s a bit on the tough size. What do you expect though from that cut of meat. Can’t wait till tomorrow to use that brisket point.

So here’s what I did. First what I bought
attachment.php

Used some Butt Rub to season it up:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Cranked up the UDS to 275. Good thing about a chuck blade is I don’t have to debate fat cap up or down.
attachment.php

Cooked for 2 hours, internal temp of about 150
attachment.php

Chopped up the chuck and put some garlic butter and a bit more seasoning in a pan.
attachment.php

Put back in the UDS and turned it up to 350. Cooked for another 2 hours. OMG!!!!! That was excellent. Was a tad tough, but good. Would make great appetizers, use toothpicks to eat.
attachment.php

i tried inserting them, showed up on hte preview, no just X's.

I give up, hte manage files just posts them all at the bottom.

Back