• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

My A/C Gave Out On A Record Breaking Hot Day..

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I called my A/C and as you can imagine this is they're busiest time so he's on his way this AM. I gave him the symptoms and I may be lucky with just a blown fuse so we'll see.

So... With temps averaging 115* pretty much everywhere it was much better to be outside since there was a tiny bit of a breeze. Hot breeze but nonetheless better than inside.

Since I'm a trooper I figured I'd fire up the kettle and break a record of my own record by cooking something. :mrgreen:

Had some chicken breast and Hatch chiles in the freezer and they quickly came back with some cold water

OG6kG0Sh.jpg

Butterflied and dusted with BPS desert gold

M4ztQzDh.jpg

Hatch chiles

1O7vhkOh.jpg

Jarlsberg, aged English cheddar and yellow mild cheddar

p6tAfroh.jpg

T5PrOFQh.jpg

Stuffed

u1UC4n2h.jpg

Bacon lattice

Z8V5azBh.jpg

Two breasts

ffy4nn4h.jpg

And another with one breast

AQ5UQMOh.jpg

Dusted with BPS Cuckoo Racha for a little heat

qpcl9Thh.jpg

Some wings also

jlwgQNlh.jpg

Wings ready and I charred them a little last minute

DYGOPd8h.jpg

Sriracha drizzle on top

4OiqlMCh.jpg

Perfectly crisp skin and moist inside

A0ja1hIh.jpg

The stuffed breasteses

rCKjvPyh.jpg

MescNqGh.jpg

:nod:

41VljYmh.jpg

Only way to have chicken breasts

odh1kEBh.jpg

Washed it down with BFF by Pizza Port and Stone breweries. :thumb:

YtFAoWwh.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Very Impressive cook in that heat! My AC tanked a few years back in a heat wave... It sucks

Thanks zippy! Sure does suck but once it hit a comfortable 99* at 9pm it was better. :laugh:

Looks good Neighbor!

You know its gonna be good when it is bacon wrapped and you see cheese dripping out on the grill!

Hope the AC is back working!

They never go out in the winter!
Sorry you had to suffer outside and cook.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Looks good Neighbor!

You know its gonna be good when it is bacon wrapped and you see cheese dripping out on the grill!

Hope the AC is back working!

Thanks neighbor! He should be here any minute so we shall see. It's going to be another scorcher and if I have to wait on a part or something I'm out to the mountain home and will stay up there. 82* at it's peak and 61* at night is the forecast up there today. Ain't staying here. Fark that!

As always the food looks great.

But you may want to reconsider your need for A/C. Man has lived for millions of years without. And even today some men are grown ups and don't collect toys. Or buy into the lie of an excess life.

Also , generally, consumption ≠ happiness. In general it just equals more credit card debt.

They never go out in the winter!
Sorry you had to suffer outside and cook.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks Paul! It sure doesn't. I see what you did there. Love when people complain about ac going out in the middle of summer. :mrgreen:

Nicely done! I need to get off my lazy arse and start stuffing stuff!

And yeah, farking hot around here!

btw you might wanna take a peek over in Brethren Bashes...

As always the food looks great.

But you may want to reconsider your need for A/C. Man has lived for millions of years without. And even today some men are grown ups and don't collect toys. Or buy into the lie of an excess life.

Also , generally, consumption ≠ happiness. In general it just equals more credit card debt.

:pound: :spit: Classic!!!!!!

To top it off my tooth just started hurting. BRB! Going to looks for the pliers in the garage. :laugh:

Thanks Bob!

Winner winner, cheesy, bacon wrapped, chicken dinner. Looks marvelous. Kind of like a grilled chicken cordon bleu. What did you think of the Gold Dust on chicken? I used some on some squash the other day, and it was great. And that Cuckoo Racha, has become my favorite add on to chicken! If you have to head for the mountains, don't forget to pack the kettle.

Nicely done! I need to get off my lazy arse and start stuffing stuff!

And yeah, farking hot around here!

btw you might wanna take a peek over in Brethren Bashes...

Thanks brother! It's purdy bad for sure but have seen worse so I'd rather cook on a kettle at 100* without ac any day than.....:thumb:

Heading over there right now. :wink:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Winner winner, cheesy, bacon wrapped, chicken dinner. Looks marvelous. Kind of like a grilled chicken cordon bleu. What did you think of the Gold Dust on chicken? I used some on some squash the other day, and it was great. And that Cuckoo Racha, has become my favorite add on to chicken! If you have to head for the mountains, don't forget to pack the kettle.

Thanks Josh!

Loved the Desert Gold. Got a little acidity to it and it was perfect on chicken. Should be awesome on veggies as you said. BPS rubs are impressive. Not one that I haven't like yet.

The PBJ is up there already. :thumb: I gotta play it safe up there.

Hell Yea. No freakin whining. Let’s cook!!

I'm cheap and went without AC for 2yrs (unit died). Couldn't take it anymore so I dropped $7k for a new central AC and furnace. When I feel that cold air I still ask myself "You fool, why did you put yourself through that torture?"
Your food looks delicious as always. Now I'm inspired to do some chicken this weekend and maybe a pork tenderloin.

Hell Yea. No freakin whining. Let’s cook!!

Yessir! You're my Hatch chile superhero. So glad I got introduced to them because they make the difference. Had forgotten that I had 2 packets leftover from the roast last year.

You do them proud !!! Last ones I cooked were so freakin hot the bride coughed and sneezed at the same time. Vertigo for 24 hours. :)

I'm cheap and went without AC for 2yrs (unit died). Couldn't take it anymore so I dropped $7k for a new central AC and furnace. When I feel that cold air I still ask myself "You fool, why did you put yourself through that torture?"
Your food looks delicious as always. Now I'm inspired to do some chicken this weekend and maybe a pork tenderloin.

Thanks William! I'm hoping it's a fuse or blown board at max. Condenser works but the fan is not kicking on.

Back