MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-08-2018, 11:47 PM   #1
kevinstaggs
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Kevin
Default Ramp mode on the cyber q

Anyone experienced with ramp mode? I understand that pit temps are lowered as the meat gets within 30 def of its setpoint. How much is the cook time extended? Does using ramp mode make holding in a cooler unnecessary? Should you tighten up the 30 def window - seems like it would add tons of time to a cook.

All experiences and tips welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
kevinstaggs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2018, 06:23 AM   #2
IamMadMan
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinstaggs View Post
Anyone experienced with ramp mode?
not with the Cyber-Q, but I use the ramp mode with the Digi=Q

Quote:
I understand that pit temps are lowered as the meat gets within 30 def of its setpoint. How much is the cook time extended?
Not certain if it's 30° but I suffer no extension of cooking times in any manner. Not certain if you can adjust the ramp settings on a Digi-Q.

Quote:
Does using ramp mode make holding in a cooler unnecessary? Should you tighten up the 30 def window - seems like it would add tons of time to a cook.
No, I still use a Cambro or a cooler as required for holding the meat.
IamMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-09-2018, 06:43 AM   #3
SeanBBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Sean

Here is what I found.

Important: The Ramp Mode does NOT ramp the pit up in temperature. It ramps the pit temperature down proportionally as needed when your "meat done" temperature reaches within 25° of DONE, therefore your meat will NOT overcook. Consider this a "Cook and Hold" feature.
https://www.bbqguru.com/support?page=LowSlowRampMode

I dont use it on my CyberQ with the Pint. Havent found a need yet but might try it out after reading this.

Old 02-09-2018, 07:05 AM   #4
cfrazier77
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Craig

You control where it lands with a cyberq, however it will not work well on insulated smokers. They hold heat to well.

Old 02-09-2018, 09:05 AM   #5
DanB
is Blowin Smoke!

[QUOTE=kevinstaggs;3948299]Anyone experienced with ramp mode? I understand that pit temps are lowered as the meat gets within 30 def of its setpoint. How much is the cook time extended? Does using ramp mode make holding in a cooler unnecessary? Should you tighten up the 30 def window - seems like it would add tons of time to a cook.

All experiences and tips welcome.

Hi All How does one set the ramp mode?
THanks DanB

Old 02-09-2018, 08:38 PM   #6
cfrazier77
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Craig

The easiest way is to log into your CyberQ from a computer by typing the IP address into a web browser. It is under the setup tab.

Old 02-10-2018, 07:41 AM   #7
DanB
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrazier77 View Post
The easiest way is to log into your CyberQ from a computer by typing the IP address into a web browser. It is under the setup tab.
Bummer I'm NOT tech savy.
I just found this? To activate the low-and-slow Ramp Mode, with The BBQ GURU powered off, set the meat setpoint to any temperature (other than off). Then press the power button.
So I'm guessing for brisket or a pork butt 200*+ should work?
How have others handle this? Is worth the trouble?
Thanks DanB

Last edited by DanB; 02-10-2018 at 09:04 AM..
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote