Spare ribs on my dream smoker

Baby Back Maniac

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
This is a bittersweet video for me. My father passed away recently from cancer. Right before he got sick, Lone Star Grillz sent me my dream offset smoker to use on my channel.

I’m glad I got it before dad passed because dad was so excited for me. He didn’t know much about smokers but he knew i was excited about it and that’s all that mattered to him. He was my biggest fan.

Ordinary he would have called me by now. this video has already gotten 10k views in 2 days. He watched the numbers more closely than I do. Mom said he would check 4 or 5 times a day. 10k is a lot. I know he would have called. Same with the sub count. I’m about to hit 40k. He’s not gonna call. It breaks my heart.

Sorry, normally I’m pretty ok but typing this out Made me sad. the video is actually a lot of fun until the end. I shot the several weeks ago when he was doing ok. At the end I have to break the news. The support I’ve gotten has been tremendous.

https://youtu.be/dorX9inafEQ

Seen that video yesterday. :thumb: Congrats. you gonna Ditch the Bayou Classic.?

Sorry to Hear about your Dad.

I love your videos man. I have watched almost every one since you started making them and have learned alot. I'm really sorry for your loss. Keep up the good work brother

Gonna watch it now but know your dad is looking down and calling you! Lost my dad several years ago and miss him every day but know he is always with me. You continue to be an inspiration to all of us...and your dad knows so too!

Lost my Dad 9 years ago. My wife is approaching her Dad’s 1 year in December.

Enjoy the ones you love while they are here, and make great memories while you can. Remembering those little things like your Dad checking the post counts are the best ways to keep them around forever.

Smoke on Justin.

Something I've observed. The better the relationship a person had with a parent, the more they are still around for you after they are gone. You welcome the thoughts about them when they come. Sorry for your loss.

Keep making the videos. Sounds like they meant more to him than anyone else. Dad has to have something to brag about up there! :heh:

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back