MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-14-2015, 04:52 PM   #46
Pitbull
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Smoke BBQ View Post
Hey Ya all
Give this a try, it is awesome, both fried, smoked or grilled

BUFFALO WING SAUCE
6 TBLS FRANKS HOT SAUCE
4-5 TBLS MARGARINE OR BUTTER-MARGERINE MIXES BETTER
1.5 TBLS WHITE VINEGAR
¼ TSP CELERY SEED
¼ TSP CAYENNE PEPPER
¼ TSP RED PEPPER
¼ TSP GARLIC SALT
½ TSP BLACK PEPPER
¼ TSP WORCESTERSHIRE
1 TSP TABASCO SAUCE
Is Buffalo Wing Sauce an actual brand?

Lyfe Tyme 20
Old Country Trailer Pit W/Upright
Smokey Mountain-Webber Kettle
Kamado-Campfire-Rocket Stove

I take nothing for granted. I now only have good days and great days.
Pitbull is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2015, 05:17 PM   #47
Teleking
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeM1x View Post
Now I'm going to have to try breaded grilled wings very soon! Looks super.

Care to share? I've tried numerous sriracha recipes on the web and none are as good as the store bought.
Sorry but I really don't have a recipie. Take a bunch of hot peppers of choice. Jalapeños, red chilies (2 kinds), pepinoes, habs, and whatever. Toss in smoker for a few hours. I use red bells for filler and even out the heat. Finish roasting in oven or smoker with a dose of vinigar until soft. Process in a food mill to remove seeds and skins. Add a dose of horseradish to taste and purée. If not thick enough cook it down in a pot or oven. As you might gather no two batches are the same.
Teleking is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-15-2015, 06:30 PM   #48
MossyMO
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Marty Owens

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog13 View Post
I use a variation of Thunderdome's recipe, pour 1/4c Cooking Oil into a gallon bag, followed by 2-3 TBS of your favorite hot sauce (I use Tiger Sauce). Then I add about 1/8c of Mad Hunky Hot Ass Whang rub, seal the bag and shake it all up. Add another 1/8c of rub and shake again, this keeps the rub from clumping up. Let them rest a couple hours, overnight is better. On to the grill with the Vortex fired up!

https://www.facebook.com/vortexchimn...type=1&theater
Here is our variation of the -
THUNDERDOME BBQ Vortex Chicken Wings

Tools
*Kettle or **Kamado style grill
Vortex
Charcoal Wood Chunk: Apple, Cherry, or Maple.

Ingredients
30-36 Chicken Wings
1/4 C Oil (High Smoke Point Oil is best. Sunflower, Peanut, etc. But Canola or Vegetable is fine)
1/4 C Hot Wing Rub or Rub of your choice (We use Owens BBQ Buffalo Wing Brat Seasoning)
1 T Onion Powder
1 T Garlic Salt
2-3 TBS Buffalo Wing Sauce (We use Tastefully Simple Garlic Parmesan Wing Sauce)

Combine wings, sauce, rub and oil into a 1-gallon zip top bag. Shake and distribute thoroughly around all wings. Place in refrigerator.

Place Vortex narrow side-up in the center of your pit and fill with charcoal or lump to the top. Light the charcoal the same way you would a starter chimney. Open all vents to assist in coals ashing over completely.
Place wings around perimeter of grate. For drums, place meat side away from heat. For wings, place meat side up to start.

Place wood chunk directly over the Vortex on the cooking grate Close lid. Open exhaust all the way, and adjust the intake to approximately 1/3 open.

*For kettles - after 15 minutes, rotate lid exhaust 90 degrees. Do this every 15 minutes until the exhaust is back at the starting position. Check for color and texture at the 30 minute mark (2 rotations). 10-15 minutes. If not crisp, leave on grill longer. Wings should exceed 165 degrees for proper skin When the skin looks close to crisp, flip the wings over (keep drum meat out) and continue cooking for another texture and ‘pull ‘ off the bone so do not take off just because they’ve hit 165 degrees (but make sure they’re at least 165!)

**For kamado style grills check for color and texture at the 30 minute mark. 10-15 minutes. If not crisp, leave on grill longer. Wings should exceed 165 degrees for proper skin When the skin looks close to crisp, flip the wings over (keep drum meat out) and continue cooking for another texture and ‘pull ‘ off the bone so do not take off just because they’ve hit 165 degrees (but make sure they’re at least 165!)

Test skin texture with finger, should be browned and have a light crunch to it when done.

Shake a light finishing coat of wing rub over the finished wings. If you prefer sauced wings, toss them in sauce as close to serving time as possible.
MossyMO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wings