Check Out The Cue Cart Grill

I am happy to see that ten year-old thread about the Atlanta Cue Cart reposted. It brings back memories!

I spent my teens learning to grill and BBQ on a Cue Cart when they first appeared on the market in the early 1970s. Our family's hardware store sold Atlanta Stove Works products. My younger brother and I guesstimate that the unit retailed around $200.00 back then. The old reposted thread confirms our guestimate. There are two Carts in our family that are still in use and they are getting close to 50 years old. Dad and I used his Cue Cart at the Missouri State Fair BBQ contest in 1987. This was our first contest and we took third place in the chevon contest. (Chevon is defined as a yearling goat.) Not too many cookers out there that can claim to still be working and in use for 50 years!

Lager,

Juggy

I am happy to see that ten year-old thread about the Atlanta Cue Cart reposted. It brings back memories!

I spent my teens learning to grill and BBQ on a Cue Cart when they first appeared on the market in the early 1970s. Our family's hardware store sold Atlanta Stove Works products. My younger brother and I guesstimate that the unit retailed around $200.00 back then. The old reposted thread confirms our guestimate. There are two Carts in our family that are still in use and they are getting close to 50 years old. Dad and I used his Cue Cart at the Missouri State Fair BBQ contest in 1987. This was our first contest and we took third place in the chevon contest. (Chevon is defined as a yearling goat.) Not too many cookers out there that can claim to still be working and in use for 50 years!

Lager,

Juggy

Great story. I remember my dad cooking on a PK grill back in the 70's. It's nice to see some things don't need new and improved versions every other year. The Cue Cart and PK grill got it right the first time.

Watched a few videos on it. Looks cool, reminds me of a Hasty Bake and the charcoal grate adjustment is pretty slick :thumb:

I know, I was trying to figure out how the rear of the fire grate tracks with the height adjustment that you make on the front of the grate so that it's not slanting at an angle.

Then I saw that rear support bar and thought "That's pretty darn ingenious!". Slick indeed.

Back