Workhorse Pits 1969 economy delivery

I'm curious on this too. I have flagstone in the backyard and I'm not entirely confident the steel casters on the 69 will work.... at all....

Perhaps swap them out with something larger?

I have a Workhorse Pits 1969 on order and selected the economy delivery. It saves about $200 over the regular delivery and supposedly there is no pallet or wrapping. Has anyone used that option, and how did the delivery go? I'm assuming that one can just roll the pit into the driveway?

Also, the wheels are fairly small on the 1969. Does anyone try to roll it around in their yard? Is it doable on a dry day or does the pit sink into the ground?

I'm new here and just trying to navigate around. Thanks for any responses!

Nice looking ribs!!

Have you been able to check he evenness of the temps in the cooking chamber?

Wow. Nice snowfall. It's about 65 degrees this morning in Mississippi. Just saying.

Yea that was before 7 more inches this past Sunday. Fun times. The temps are pretty even across the grates (+/- 5-10 degrees) once you have a good coal bed going. They will fluctuate a bit with each log but settle back down nicely. It is hotter right near the smoke stack though, the underside of my wings on that end got pretty charred compared to my wings in the middle of the cooker. Top rack will run about 25 degrees hotter than main rack, but I don't know if you went for that option. I haven't cooked anything up there yet. As far as the grease drain, yes it is threaded on the inside. There is a plug that you screw in/out depending on your need.

I'm curious on this too. I have flagstone in the backyard and I'm not entirely confident the steel casters on the 69 will work.... at all....

Perhaps swap them out with something larger?

2 sheets of plywood will work wonders. U less of course you will be wheeling it out there for each cook? If so, I’d get some aftermarket Offroad tires or better yet get the wagon option if one was going to be moving it over uneven ground on a regular basis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have a Workhorse Pits 1969 on order and selected the economy delivery. It saves about $200 over the regular delivery and supposedly there is no pallet or wrapping. Has anyone used that option, and how did the delivery go? I'm assuming that one can just roll the pit into the driveway?

That sounds like the way Shirley Fabrication ships their cookers. I had mine shipped that way with no issues.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The shelf isn't quite what I expected either. For now, I think I'll take a pass on it.

Someone asked about waitlists and I wasn't very clear. I ordered by 1969 on 1 feb and the start production date i, if I remember correctly 5 Apr. They said production takes 5 or 6 days. Then there is shipping time.

I selected the economy shipping and I'm making an assumption that it could take a week or so for them to consolidate pits to be shipped by location, and then travel time. So, bottom line is, it would seem that they would make their desired 90 day wait time with maybe even a day or two to spare.

Back