Weber Santa Maria Attachment?

darita

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has one of these and what you think about it? I was thinking about the SM from Costco, but this is a reasonable price and may add to the flexibility of my kettle. I only cook for 2, so grate size is not an issue.

Actually, just read some not-so-glowing reviews. I may take a look at the Gabby's Grills version. It costs more, but I think may be better quality.

I think as an add on to a weber, it would be great. I've lost eyebrows to chicken grease flashing up. On a 22", you want to pack every square inch- and for fatty protein, that's not always wise. The ability to get some elevation when the fire jumps up is pretty appealing- but I've seen videos where at max height, the fire followed the chicken all the way up. No bueno. To me- a Santa Maria NEEDs 2 sets of grates- tilted V channel for fatty foods and a normal bar or xpando grate for "not so fatty foods"-then you can use the height as a temp adjuster- as it was probably intended :grin:

Gabby’s is a nice setup. I’ve seen it in person but don’t own one. This is the way I’d go for the Weber.

I'm wondering if anyone has one of these and what you think about it? I was thinking about the SM from Costco, but this is a reasonable price and may add to the flexibility of my kettle. I only cook for 2, so grate size is not an issue.

Do you have a link or any info on the Costco one?

From what I understand, they don't always stock the cooker and now is one of those times, at least around here.

I own the Gabby's Grills attachment - it works well. I was going to go with the cheaper one, but its grate is very tipsy and if you take meat off one side, you may lose the other side. The Gabby's one is sturdy and doesn't tip.

Back