Piernitas de Pollo Marinadas y Elote, It's what's for Dinner 2!

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I shop at a local Mexican Market nearly every week. I've purchased this chicken there a few times and it’s really tasty but has very little heat to it.

I recreated here with just a little heat to spice it up. Here are most of the ingredients for the marinate I used:

And here is the recipe:
1 tbsp. Granulated onion
1 tbsp. Ground pepper
1 tbsp. Salt
1 tbsp. Paprika
1 tsp. Ground ginger
1/2 tsp. Achiote powder
1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
1/2 tsp. Chipotle Pepper
4 cloves garlic (Minced)
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tbsp. EVOO
1 tbsp. Malt vinegar
1 tbsp. Catsup
And some raw onion and cilantro and the end.
I mixed everything up in a large bowl

and dumped in the chicken legs and 2 thighs

and mixed it all up for even covered.

Bagged it up with some onion and cilantro for a rest before grilling.

Now on the grill with some corn on the cob.

After 10 minutes I flipped everything.

After it was up to temp I plated it up with some elote, a nice cerveza and some fruit that the wife insisted I include.

Oh sooo delicious! :becky:

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Oh, yeah!

Thanks for the recipe, too!

I wonder how that'd work with some wings vs. the legs.

Still waiting for one of your photos to have Bud Light as the beer :mrgreen: Awesome cook as always. Been wanting to try Mexican style corn and yours looks good

Nice looking indeed.
You need to cook for me sometime

Oh, yeah!

Thanks for the recipe, too!

I wonder how that'd work with some wings vs. the legs.
Thank you SD. It would work on wings just fine but it has just a "little" heat to it. (Both my wife and 90 year old MIL can't take much more than just a little) For wings you may want to bump up the chipotle and cayenne some.

Last edited:
Still waiting for one of your photos to have Bud Light as the beer :mrgreen: Awesome cook as always. Been wanting to try Mexican style corn and yours looks good
Thank you Matt. You will never see a Bud light in my pics unless I lost a bet with someone. :twitch:

I love Mexican style corn. (Elote) Normally it's rubbed with mayo, then some chili powder of your choice, some cotija cheese and some minced cilantro and serve with a lime wedge. I put Tajin seasoning on mine as it already has the chili and lime in it.

Back