is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Whats everyone cooking for the 4th?

Im doing whole gator roughly 12lb
Couple pork butts
Smash burgers and dogs for kiddos
Bunch of standard sides of beans, slaw, chips, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m doin a big deal on the 17th when some family comes to town so not much on the 4th…but that could change

Moving this weekend so not sure yet. If things go well with the move I’ll do a long cook on the fatstack. If not I’ll just do some burgers and brats on the Burch barrel.

I haven't really decided yet. The host will sauce and overcook a bunch of ribs, and be offended if anyone else brings any. Last year I took a trio of burnt ends (standard beef, a pineapple jalapeno glazed pork belly, and hot dog burnt ends) but this year I really don't know. I did pick up some 'cream of jalapeno' soup when I was in TX, so might try out queso again, hard to go wrong with cheese dip.

Usually from scratch burgers or ribs is what I do. I'm thinking ribs this year since I've got guests from out of town.

I usually do burgers and/or brats or something quick after the parade.

Dinner on the 4th is usually a main I can bang out in 2-3 hours or something simpler if we're traveling to and obligated to bring something. It really depends. Up in the air as of now.

I'll be smoking a big ol batch of brisket beef sticks :thumb:

Cold beer, beef sticks, fireworks...I'm good.

KC strips on the 4th
brats on Saturday and shrimp boil on Sunday or vice versa.

A couple smoked turkeys are on the menu but I'm hoping add a few more things.

Contemplating either some or all of this, but it's gonna be a small gathering....Chicken thighs, burgers from brisket trimming, homemade brats, and/or smoke turkey breast. I have fed the family a ton of beef in the last 5 days so I wanted to mix it up.

Back