Rotisserie chicken, brine?

kitts21

Knows what a fatty is.
Ok I got my rotisserie ring done for my Weber and am looking to do my first bird on it. Should I brine or not? I have brined my chicken when doing it indirect with various pieces. But do I need to do it with a rotisserie bird?

I ALWAYS brine my chicken... smoked, grilled, fried, etc...

Brining changes the protein structure and helps keep the moisture inside. It's antiseptic properties also keep those microscopic critters from ruining your GI tract. :sick:

And did I mention that it makes it taste good? :thumb:

http://youtu.be/X9omBFdK-Ws

I ALWAYS brine my chicken... smoked, grilled, fried, etc...

Brining changes the protein structure and helps keep the moisture inside. It's antiseptic properties also keep those microscopic critters from ruining your GI tract. :sick:

And did I mention that it makes it taste good? :thumb:

http://youtu.be/X9omBFdK-Ws

Very good post.

Brine it.

My standard brine is apple cider (or juice when I can't find cider), salt, garlic, black and white pepper...

If it's got wings and feathers I always brine it time permitting. It makes a difference for sure. I say brine it, doesn't matter if it's rotisserie or not.

I always brine poultry. Makes a big difference and well worth the time in added flavor and juiciness.

I don't brine but it does make the chicken moist for those that tend to overcook
their poultry.

Costco brines their rotisserie chickens.

i don't brine and i've had no issues with dry birds on the rotiss. need to learn not to overcook. try both and see.

IMO, you can't go wrong brining chicken, unless you brine it too long. brine it!

I've found that your basic salt/sugar/water brine is all you need. individual pieces about 45 minutes. whole chicken with skin, not more than 1.5 hours.

you've never had such juicy chicken as brined chicken. I never brined chicken before I started my UDS, now I brine before that and straight-up grilling too.

Brining will help with moisture but its primary purpose is to add flavor deep inside the meat that is unobtainable any other way. If you add additional flavors to your basic salt brine they will be drawn deep into the meat. That is why I brine.

Alright so here is my game plan. I'm going to get 2 roaster chicks from the store, 1 I will brine the other I think I will just season it up, stuff a apple and onion in it and throw them both on the rotisserie. Around what temp should I be cooking at? Should I use indirect or direct heat? I am also planning on doing some smoked mac & cheese. Should I put this on at the same time as the chicken? Thanks for all the help everyone.

I had never brined a chicken before last weekend but due to the over whelming response from the Brethren in favor of it I had to give it a shot. Wow, what a difference it made! Only problem was figuring out how to brine 25 whole birds at once! Got that problem solved and I am sold on brineing from now on.

Only problem was figuring out how to brine 25 whole birds at once! Got that problem solved and I am sold on brineing from now on.

Did the solution to that problem involve a bathtub? Be honest :becky:

Did the solution to that problem involve a bathtub? Be honest :becky:

Good one Bro, actually a feed trough from Rural King. Don't think this church has any bathtubs in it. Preacher would have not been pleased if I had used the baptistry :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 0918111032-01.jpg
    0918111032-01.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 123
  • 0918111032-00.jpg
    0918111032-00.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 120
Back