• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.
Man that's a good looking brisky to me Buckie.

If one can reduce the amount of smoke but keep the heat I've found that I can get away with no wrap and guarantee firm bark. After about 120 degrees I understand that the meat will not absorb more smoke - however, and I think that's a big however, smoke will color the bark and lay on it heavily so it will taste bitter. So I often don't wrap if I can only lightly smoke by using only charcoal after reaching stall or cook in the pellet cooker not warping is a good option.

Unfortunately I rarely do whole brisket since it's usually just the wife and me eating and I don't get enough "practice."

The smoke ring formation will stop around 140f........meat will take on smoke flavor as long as it's fed smoke......
I usually run smoke the whole way, even, metered & clean burn gets a pretty good flavor....

Every once in awhile, things burn weird doing 'Turds or something that's a little hotter cook & it will have a little bitterness, but as long as it burns clean, a heavier smoke can be had.....

The removing of one piece of the puzzle at a time people have said is a good way to go about it.....that way you can strike upon "The Culprit" more easily....this is a good test in any event:

10-8-13PTampBrisket041.jpg

Nice pics, Ninja....like the "Dance thru The Cook" one at the end....how'd ya do that?

Back