Anyone own a moberg backyard?

Yeah, I would love to see a close up shot of the inside of a mil scale cooker.

There's a member on here with 1 and he sent me pics of the inside as well as the entire pit, and it's super nice.

The whole cooker has that hand made, old school feel. I think it's kind of what the workhorse is going for but the mill scale just has a lot of little touches that are super nice.... But there's a pretty big price difference. It's the size of a 1957 which is half the price ��

The right side of the cook chamber has a multi function baffle that directs the smoke across the grate, can hold a water pan and also can be used as a "plancha"

I’m going to order one this week and will give my thoughts when I get it. Said to be mid February

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Was there a deposit or did you have to pay in full?

I am really considering ordering one of these myself. I know Ny Que has a 1975, and I have seen a thread on the two smaller units, so they are starting to get out there. They had been talking about adding a shelf and some new wheels, so I have been holding off hoping for some info on these.

gtsum, If you talk to them can you inquire about the front shelf availability? It might be an option now, just not listed on the website. Thanks.

Almost forgot, but Stepheneleven also has a 1975. Beautiful pit.

I am really considering ordering one of these myself. I know Ny Que has a 1975, and I have seen a thread on the two smaller units, so they are starting to get out there. They had been talking about adding a shelf and some new wheels, so I have been holding off hoping for some info on these.

gtsum, If you talk to them can you inquire about the front shelf availability? It might be an option now, just not listed on the website. Thanks.

Good points. I’m going to ask them before placing my order. I had to go out of state for a week or two so might not order it until I get back...I’ll update though

I'm in love with the Workhorse 1975, the only thing that I don't really like about it are the wheels. Wish it had the steel casters.

No front shelf availability at this time per Ashley Lead time is now into March. Going to order once I get to my destination

Sunny build one of the best pits on the market, and he is a good guy. I’ve never personally met him, but he has been super helpful to me just out of this goodness of his heart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the braces on the doors, and the look of no flange on the door.

Glad to see someone talk about radiant heat, but all that talking about no deflectors and bam lol. Also, that second shelf will be extremely limited on what it can cook. It’s why I specified the distance from rack to cooker on my last pit.

Glad to see someone talk about radiant heat, but all that talking about no deflectors and bam lol. Also, that second shelf will be extremely limited on what it can cook. It’s why I specified the distance from rack to cooker on my last pit.

Does the backline have a similar deflector between the fb and cook chamber?

I don't have any use for a top rack, they could leave it out for me. Especially on a 24 X 50 smoker, there's more room on the bottom rack than I would ever use. Top rack just drags down air flow.

Back