MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-12-2014, 11:03 PM   #91
walleye1018
Found some matches.

Tried these this weekend. Farked them up good. Didn't cut the onion right. All I had was really thick bacon. But even with the bacon falling off and poorly sliced onions, they were pretty darn good. Will definately be trying them again. I was ready to throw them against the wall. I'd get the bacon just about right and it would uncoil on me over and over. I think thinner bacon is definately the key though.
walleye1018 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-13-2014, 01:27 AM   #92
Rafael
Knows what a fatty is.

Made these for Mothers day. These have mozzarella cheese in between the onion and bacon with Red Hot sweet chili sauce on them.

Rafael is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-13-2014, 08:49 AM   #93
Frank Mahovlich
Full Fledged Farker

I took a whack at these on Mother's Day. Did half with pineapple slices, & half without. Here are my thoughts:

Highly recommend using regular sliced bacon, not thick cut. Regular cut made them much easier to construct. Also, the thick sliced bacon was just too much bacon / salt for my taste on the finished product. I did not expect to like the pineapple ones at all. Much to my surprise I actually enjoyed them more as the sweetness of the pineapple balanced out the saltiness of the bacon.

All in all, these turned out okay. They make quite the visual and the presentation can be quite the talker, but just not my favorite thing to eat. In hindsight I may have gotten caught up in the novelty of these, but Mama requested them after I showed her pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg baconorings.jpg (92.5 KB, 92 views)
Frank Mahovlich is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-13-2014, 12:26 PM   #94
pvcollie
On the road to being a farker

Simply awesome!!! I think they should be called Baconion Rings!
pvcollie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2014, 03:35 PM   #95
gtr
somebody shut me the fark up.

Not sure how I missed this thread before, but Smokin John made these at the SoCal bash last week and I've been thinking about them ever since, so I'm making 'em today.

Does thinking about deep frying them mean there's something wrong with me?
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 05-24-2014, 06:17 PM   #96
1buckie
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr View Post
Not sure how I missed this thread before, but Smokin John made these at the SoCal bash last week and I've been thinking about them ever since, so I'm making 'em today.

Does thinking about deep frying them mean there's something wrong with me?

Absolutely nothing wrong with you !!!

I've just never happened to have the deep fryer running at the same time......that will change......

I wrap kinda goofy, need to take a lesson from all these fine examples & use basically the same size piece......

1buckie is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 05-24-2014, 06:42 PM   #97
Ross in Ventura
is Blowin Smoke!

Those look fantastic something I'm going to do

Ross

Old 05-24-2014, 08:17 PM   #98
Bob in St. Louis
Babbling Farker

That pit looks amazing.
Bob in St. Louis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2014, 08:57 PM   #99
1buckie
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob in St. Louis View Post
That pit looks amazing.
You talkin' about my goofy thing?
It's an old Redhead Weber.....Rafael's up above is swingin'.....two layers at least of stuff !!!

Old 05-24-2014, 10:35 PM   #100
Bob in St. Louis
Babbling Farker

Well yea...not so much the pit itself, but that amazing looking food that's cooking on it.
After all, it's all about the wonderful food!
Bob in St. Louis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2014, 10:40 PM   #101
1buckie
Babbling Farker

Maybe I should load up with O'Rings, like with a normal load of 'Turds?

Tags
bacon, onion, rings, smoked