MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-14-2011, 04:17 PM   #1
pci
On the road to being a farker

Default Stok bbq grill

Was at Home Depot today & they had a Stok bbq grill for $49. I picked one up I think it was a heck of a buy. I have a camper sitting on a lot in Missouri it will be headed there this spring. They had the 2 burner gas Stok for $79
pci is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2011, 04:19 PM   #2
Groundhog66
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Tim

So we've heard
SM BGE
Weber 26" & JJ
Blackstone 36" & 22"
Brick Santa Maria Pit
Groundhog66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-2011, 12:00 AM   #3
Sly-one
Full Fledged Farker

Got my Stok Tower yesterday for the same awesome $49 price. I put it together today and as groundhog said elsewhere, parts of it were a pain to put together.
All in all, I think it's well worth the price. The had already sold out of the gas units.

Old 12-15-2011, 10:41 AM   #4
Greyeagle
Knows what a fatty is.

Watched Sly finish putting his together he was Stoked!
Greyeagle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-2011, 10:43 AM   #5
Mornin' Wood
Full Fledged Farker

Gonna pick one up after work today.

Old 12-15-2011, 05:37 PM   #6
colonel00
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Grabbed on this evening. I went in all ready to haggle with them to price match their other stores and to my surprise they had already marked them down further. I also picked up the rib rack/kabob insert and the wok. They had the chicken roaster too but I passed. The inserts were all $10 off too so it was a good deal. Anyone seeing some of the other inserts? I would like to pick up a griddle and veggie holder.
[B][COLOR=red]WWWWFBBQADD[/COLOR][/B]
[B]0 out of 1 members found this post helpful[/B] :thumb:

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
colonel00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-2011, 06:46 PM   #7
thenicksfam
On the road to being a farker

All the displays I've seen have been in pieces, I want to like them, but I just don't know about the durability. They seem cool though.

Old 12-15-2011, 06:48 PM   #8
colonel00
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenicksfam View Post
All the displays I've seen have been in pieces, I want to like them, but I just don't know about the durability. They seem cool though.
I would work some deal for them. Honestly, I just got it so I could use the CI grate in the weber kettle I have built into my latest cooking cart. I may use the rest of it at some point or just hang on to it for a while. See if you can get just the grate for a cheaper price.
[B][COLOR=red]WWWWFBBQADD[/COLOR][/B]
[B]0 out of 1 members found this post helpful[/B] :thumb:

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
colonel00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-2011, 08:00 PM   #9
chrisnjenn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenicksfam View Post
They are built as well as my Webers.
chrisnjenn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-2011, 09:56 PM   #10
JuanMoore
Found some matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel00 View Post
Grabbed on this evening. I went in all ready to haggle with them to price match their other stores and to my surprise they had already marked them down further. I also picked up the rib rack/kabob insert and the wok. They had the chicken roaster too but I passed. The inserts were all $10 off too so it was a good deal. Anyone seeing some of the other inserts? I would like to pick up a griddle and veggie holder.
I'd like to buy one to steal the lid, rack, and wheels off of for my UDS, but I'm waiting for the ones here come down to $50 (they just dropped to $75). My local stores only have the chicken roaster and rib/kabob rack inserts.
JuanMoore is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-16-2011, 02:05 AM   #11
cholloway
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Colin

Stopped by HD today just looking around. Asked the guy if he had anymore STOK Tower charcoal grills left for $49. He said he only had one in the back that someone took the lid from to replace a damaged one sold previously.
"I'll let you have it for $10"... SOLD!!!
Everything else was still in the box.
I'll be calling Customer Support in the morning about a new lid.
The Weber OTS lid fits it like a glove so I may just go that route.
Char-Broil 450 (Purchased new in 1981)
1996 Blue Weber SS Performer
Weber charcoal Go-Anywhere
2 Weber SJSs & modified stock pot Mini-WSM
Weber rotisserie, Rib-O-Lator & Smokenator system
Blackstone Tailgater Combo & STOK Island gasser
cholloway is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2011, 02:06 PM   #12
scm1226
is one Smokin' Farker

Yeah I just picked mine up. My uds is going to have the lid and I will use the grate for my otg. I will put it together at some point and see the quality. From what you guys are saying I might like this better then my 4 webber kettles.
scm1226 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-20-2011, 02:17 PM   #13
JuanMoore
Found some matches.

Just picked one up for myself. I'd been waiting 'till the price dropped in the stores here, but every time I went the tags still said $75. I asked an employee today if he knew when the prices would drop, and he wasn't sure. He scanned one and the price came up $49 in the computer, so I bought it. Apparently the price was dropped 3 days ago, but nobody bothered putting out a new price tag.

Now I just need to decide if it gets cannibalized to trick out my UDS, or if I leave them both as is.
JuanMoore is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-20-2011, 03:45 PM   #14
Myrdhyn
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm1226 View Post
Yeah I just picked mine up. My uds is going to have the lid and I will use the grate for my otg. I will put it together at some point and see the quality. From what you guys are saying I might like this better then my 4 webber kettles.
One thing the Stok did very right in specific is the height. I'm 6'2", and the height of the weber kettles is just a hair too low for comfort.

Old 12-20-2011, 05:15 PM   #15
jasonjax
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jason
Smile

I snatched two of them up at 75 bucks a piece. I just hope this doesn't mean Stok is going out of the grill making business.

Course then again, WSM's were on sale at HD for $41 or some craziness so I reckon it is just HD clearning out the seasonal inventory.

I'm quite happy with mine, and I think the in-laws will be happy with their gift this year.
jasonjax is offline   Reply With Quote