Smoked Beef Manicotti

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I like the way pasta takes on smoke. Smoked lasagna is one of my favorites but this time I went with stuffed manicotti shells.

I went with my favorite meatloaf combination....

Xd8JS1k.jpg

stuffed the uncooked shells...
spread a bit of sauce on the skillet and filled with the stuffed pasta..

TgGy98a.jpg

wLe1t8E.jpg

filled about half way with beef stock...

OQcx0Uz.jpg

topped the pasta with the excess meat mixture...

eaZyMO4.jpg

more sauce and into the drum with a kiss of hickory....

9RdIUeM.jpg

When the meat and pasta were cooked through, I added cheese...

ba3OO6j.jpg

67R3Ozn.jpg

C6uDbY8.jpg

wpkQsg9.jpg

I scooped up a couple of stuffed shells and served with a side of garlic bread.

ZWiq6rr.jpg

5dnVywX.jpg

I sliced the manicotti open to get a shot of the meat stuffing...

amI8bqQ.jpg

It turned out better than I had hoped. Pasta does take on the smoke well though. imo :-D
I'll probably make this again sometime.

Thanks for looking!

Oh wow Neighbor! Coming from a non-carby guy. :-D What awesomeness your CI pan has seen. :thumb:

Oh wow Neighbor! Coming from a non-carby guy. :-D What awesomeness your CI pan has seen. :thumb:

Thanks Neighbor! I'm not much of a pasta person. Probably eat it less than 10 times a year but sometimes I crave it. lol

Wow now that’s some serious comfort food. Nice! :clap2:
Thanks so much! :grin:

You have been on a tear lately Lady. Take a break and come down Belton Texas way this Saturday. Let other's cook for you for a change! Texas Bash!

Fantastic dish!

I'm trying to figure out if there is any ricotta in there anywhere (I am not a fan). If not, this might just be the perfect pasta dish.

I never thought of adding smoke to pasta, but no doubt it works. You can't argue with those results. Nice idea!

Wow Jeanie, you nailed it. I'm not a big fan of pasta, but that looks like it could definitely satisfy my appetite.

Thanks so much everybody! Pasta takes on the smoke really well. :grin:

You have been on a tear lately Lady. Take a break and come down Belton Texas way this Saturday. Let other's cook for you for a change! Texas Bash!

Fantastic dish!
Thanks Mike, it sounds nice! I'll be in Oklahoma City then.... won't be able to make it.

I'm trying to figure out if there is any ricotta in there anywhere (I am not a fan). If not, this might just be the perfect pasta dish.

No ricotta in this one. Thanks Sliding Billy! :grin:

Back