• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Brisket & Tatoe Pie

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Made a no fuss, overnight drum brisket awhile back.
No trim, seasoned with salt and pepper, fat side down and into the drum at around 250F overnight.

9hvC8GD.jpg

x8KJfxS.jpg

xxvuqi5.jpg

CpWoji5.jpg

Bottom of the brisket...
The fat protects the meat from overcooking.
The fat on the bottom crisps up nicely. It's one of my favorite things about a drum brisket.

8rWGx0d.jpg

Still the bottom of the brisket...
Beneath the crisp fat, is tender, juicy meat...

arURYVM.jpg

hhyhtHC.jpg

I divided the brisket up and put it into the freezer for future meals.

Made a brisket and tatoe pie...

Started with seasoning the hashbrown crust...

IczL84v.jpg

added brisket, scallions.....

f1PGmN9.jpg

provolone, a drizzle of Carolina Treet sauce.....

lVGUstd.jpg

Gave this Kent Rollins seasoning a try...

zusLZU8.jpg

eDerOD6.jpg

and a bacon lattice...

1x3EnbL.jpg

Gave it another shot of seasoning, then into the drum til done.

e1MibJt.jpg

CH4guvL.jpg

3MVbQD8.jpg

I gave my slice another drizzle of sauce and called er good.

dOH8S3P.jpg

ij1vwSp.jpg

I make these pies a lot. This one turned out pretty good, I liked the Rollin's seasoning. So far beef cheek pies are still my favorite but this was tasty.

Thanks for looking!

You had me ready to sign up until you mentioned beef cheeks.... and it got so much better.

Keep the ideas coming... that looks absolutely delicious (and FILLING)!

You had me ready to sign up until you mentioned beef cheeks.... and it got so much better.

Keep the ideas coming... that looks absolutely delicious (and FILLING)!

lol Thanks Shadow! The beef cheek pies are really good. :grin:

That is a fabulous idea! I may have to try it. I am sure mine wont look as great as that :hail:

Jeanie, stop torturing me with all this good food. That looks fantastic. I have yet to try a brisket in my drum. I have always and only cooked briskets in an offset (traditional flow) and love them second only to beef ribs. So, frankly I'm a bit timid to attempt on on the drum. I mean sleep is tempting, but I'm just not sure. I'm a big fan of Kent Rollins can you extrapolate on the rub? And why did you have to go and bring up beef cheeks? now I'm drooling .

That looks mighty good to me! The hash brown crust is something I'm going to have to try sometime. :hungry:

Wow Jeanie! That looks incredible, no doubt it tastes as good as it looks outstanding use for brisket. :thumb:

If that aint some kind of awesome.....

Thanks Tom! :grin:

Just Bam! Jeanie! You did it again!
Thank you Mike! :grin:

That is a fabulous idea! I may have to try it. I am sure mine wont look as great as that :hail:

Thanks Jeremy! I'm sure your's will be fantastic!! :grin:

Nice! I like the hash brown crust idea and everything that goes on top is a winner.

Thank you Kenny! I used to use sliced tatoes for the crust, but the hashbrowns work great and are easier to spread out. :-D

Jeanie, stop torturing me with all this good food. That looks fantastic. I have yet to try a brisket in my drum. I have always and only cooked briskets in an offset (traditional flow) and love them second only to beef ribs. So, frankly I'm a bit timid to attempt on on the drum. I mean sleep is tempting, but I'm just not sure. I'm a big fan of Kent Rollins can you extrapolate on the rub? And why did you have to go and bring up beef cheeks? now I'm drooling .

lol Thanks Josh!! I hear ya! My favorite briskets are either underground or on my horizontal wood burner. They are just delicious. I use the drum when I don't want to tend the fire. I don't trim the brisket at all, and let the fat protect the meat. I do keep the heat lower too for an overnight cook...kind of stretch the cook out so I don't have to get up too early to check it. lol
The Kent Rollins rub is hard to describe. I'd say it's fairly basic. A good balance of salt, pepper, garlic, onion...but with a bite of citrus. He has a mesquite rub too but I've not tried it yet.
lol Can't go wrong with beef cheeks! :grin:
Thanks

That looks mighty good to me! The hash brown crust is something I'm going to have to try sometime. :hungry:

Thank you Sid! Hope you have great luck with it! :grin:

Excellent work! As usual...

Thanks mytmouz! :grin:

Amazing creation, im going to try it soon...thanks
Hope you give it a try! Thanks Ray! :grin:

That looks like another winner, Jeanie. Throw a sunny side up egg on top and you have breakfast too!

Thanks Marty! I do that very thing. lol :-D

This is a smoked chuck pie...
nKdAyXA.jpg

ZTQLpEw.jpg

Once again you nailed it neighbor!

Thanks Neighbor! Hope you're enjoying your new neighborhood! :grin:

You knocked it out of the park again Jeanie!

Thanks Rick! Hope you give it a try sometime! :-D

Wow Jeanie! That looks incredible, no doubt it tastes as good as it looks outstanding use for brisket. :thumb:

Thank you Bob! I like to use extra smoked meats for this. Sometimes it's pulled pork, smoked chuck, chicken or smoked beef cheeks. Pretty much anything tastes good in the pie. :grin: Hope you had a nice weekend!

Dang girl.
Goood.
Ed
Thank you Ed! :grin:

Jeanie, you are an excellent cook, and a great photographer. Man that looks some kind of amazing!! Yummy

Thanks so much Chris! Very kind of you! :grin:

Back