Any opinions on a globe 500lr meat slicer?

vhram

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Im looking for a new to me meat slicer, I have someone offering a Globe 500lr for $500.00. Anyone had one ? Not sure what to look for in a used commercial type slicer. What are you guys using ?

Maybe post up a few pics and then someone can chime in....
I use a chefmate by globe 10 inch model i picked up used
Gave it a good cleaning and it slices like a new one.
I need a set of sharpening stones for mine but it isnt really on the top of the list.
jon

Globe is certainly great equipment. I'm sure it's worth 5 beans, I got my Hobart for one. Deals are out there. Just my .02.

not familiar with the "globe" brand. Seems most commercial slicers are Hobart's. I'd shop around. The commercial models have a big foot print. They do a great job but , IMO, require a lot of dedicated space, where as a cheaper "home" model is more portable and easier to store but don't do near the job the commercial jobs do. Best of luck to ya!

3me3ob3lb5V05Y65T5b4c37d48365e8f21cba.jpg

Thanks for the info guys , Here is a pic of the slicer Im looking at buying.Its suposed to be pretty heavy approx 100#'s.

Definitely a good deal for $500. I have one & it works great. It is a monster - very big foot print (around 3' wide & 2' deep) & 100# is about right for the weight. Compares favorably with Hobart. I would say - if you're just looking to slice some meat around the house - this is DEFINITELY over kill.

Back