MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun bi-weekly photo contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted every other week, plus a special monthly category. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, prizes, and the chance to choose the next category. Some of our most talked about cooking techniques and recipes were given birth in the Throwdowns!

Old 10-20-2017, 11:58 PM   #16
Happy Hapgood
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Mike

Looks like the TD rules thread has also been compromised by the photobucket mess. I only mention this because of the fine entry pic PapaFat submitted.
Wife LuzziAnn 1956 model.
Ink Bird IBBQ 4T Wi-Fi Temp Monitor, Superfast LSU Purple Thermapen & ThermaPop, Party Q
Ink Bird Sous Vide, HF Flame Thower

My Motto these days is "Low Stress, Low Drag".

The Artist Formally Known as Toast

Happy Hapgood is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-21-2017, 09:02 PM   #17
LYU370

OK, let's give this a shot. Chicken Shawarma with some spice from Brethern OferL from Israel. Wasn't sure what to expect. This was some good stuff.

Cook thread here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=253065

Please use this as my entry pic.

FEC100 - Big Joe - Weber Spirit II Gasser

Are you ready for a THROWDOWN?!?!? Join us, It's a BLAST!!

Join us for the Inaugural 2024 South East Bash - May 2024 Tennessee - Sign Up Link
LYU370 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 01:42 PM   #18
JU
Full Fledged Farker

Default Time to Hang it up

Maybe not the most unique.... But here is my 1st Whole Turkey, smoked on the PBC.

Hooked and rubbedAttachment 150744

Attachment 150745

Attachment 150746About 20 minutes before I pulled it out of the barrel. My Entry

Sliced it up and ate what we could that day. The left-overs were turned into enchiladas.

Last edited by JU; 01-14-2018 at 06:58 PM..
JU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 11:43 PM   #19
JimmyR1Rider
is one Smokin' Farker

You want a good laugh? My first fattie lmmfao. Was for use in a batch of wampus's beans.

Old 10-26-2017, 08:35 PM   #20
Happy Hapgood

Name/Nickname : Mike

I have a question for the Mods regarding this TD. I've cooked ribs before but trying a new method.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=253192

Does this qualify as never cooked before for this TD? It will sure be my first attempt using this method. No prob either way, just want to know how to set up camera for photos.

Thanks
Wife LuzziAnn 1956 model.
Ink Bird IBBQ 4T Wi-Fi Temp Monitor, Superfast LSU Purple Thermapen & ThermaPop, Party Q
Ink Bird Sous Vide, HF Flame Thower

My Motto these days is "Low Stress, Low Drag".

The Artist Formally Known as Toast

Happy Hapgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 07:44 AM   #21
Shagdog
Quintessential Chatty Farker

I would say that if you've cooked ribs, you've cooked ribs. The manner in which you cook them is not as important as the fact that you are making something you've made in the past. I can consult Moose, but my initial response would be that is not something "you never cooked"

Come Join the fun in the Throwdowns!

Shirley Fabrication 24x70 Trailer - UDS - Weber Kettle - WGA - Fire Pit Rotisserie - Shirley-Shagstone Griddle/Wok Cart - Carson Rodizio

2016 Official BBQ Brethren Ribeye Master

Shagdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 12:25 PM   #22
Moose

Name/Nickname : Richard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toast View Post
I have a question for the Mods regarding this TD. I've cooked ribs before but trying a new method.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=253192

Does this qualify as never cooked before for this TD? It will sure be my first attempt using this method. No prob either way, just want to know how to set up camera for photos.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagdog View Post
I would say that if you've cooked ribs, you've cooked ribs. The manner in which you cook them is not as important as the fact that you are making something you've made in the past. I can consult Moose, but my initial response would be that is not something "you never cooked"
Yep, I agree with Shag on this Mike. Maybe you can find a cut of meat you've never cooked before on your new setup!
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 10-27-2017, 04:45 PM   #23
LYU370

What would the ruling be on Chicken Shawarma then? It is chicken after all. No matter, I'll just see if I get another Dilly Bar.

FEC100 - Big Joe - Weber Spirit II Gasser

Are you ready for a THROWDOWN?!?!? Join us, It's a BLAST!!

Join us for the Inaugural 2024 South East Bash - May 2024 Tennessee - Sign Up Link
LYU370 is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 10-28-2017, 12:29 PM   #24
sliding_billy

Name/Nickname : )

I am going to claim a technicality on this entry. While I have done a ton of smoked turkeys (even won a TD for one), I have never cooked a bone-in breast only. Because of the size advantage, I even managed to fit it into the mini-pooper and have it ready for lunch. Consider the standing shot my entry. Another pic is in the thread here.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=253268
Attached Images
File Type: jpg x_094537.jpg (40.7 KB, 339 views)

Last edited by sliding_billy; 10-29-2017 at 02:12 AM..
sliding_billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 10-29-2017, 03:49 PM   #25
tom b

I cooked beef short ribs for the first time
this is an entry

more details here
https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/s...d.php?t=253273
Old 10-29-2017, 11:11 PM   #26
THoey1963

Name/Nickname : Terry

Smoked Tofu. Never before, probably not again. My Vegan friend enjoyed it, but said it probably would have been really good on something like a Vegan Bahn Mi sandwich. BTW, I roughly used the following recipe.

http://www.kansascity.com/living/liv...le1341531.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1024.jpg (44.5 KB, 324 views)

Lone Star Grillz Insulated Cabinet Smoker / Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling (WSCG) Station / CyberQ / Slow N Sear with Drip N Griddle

WSCG Review [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245542"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. WSM Mods [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201917"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. My Brisket Guide [URL="http://bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238834"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL].
THoey1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->