Long time listener, first time caller!

hogjowl

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Reaction score
Hey all,

After many years of lurking, I decided to go ahead and register and post. My name is Dan and I am a BBQ addict. I am 39 years old, wife and two kids, living the dream out in the metro Atlanta suburbs.

I have been barbecuing for the last 13 years, since my groomsmen decided to get me a WSM as a wedding gift. After a few replacement parts over the years, that WSM is still in service for the occasional cook. I got pretty good at cooking with it and I was an active member on the Virtual Weber Bullet forums. And while I don't consider the WSM to be difficult to operate, the idea of a pellet grill has been on my radar for awhile now...

Two weekends ago, the opportunity came up to purchase a used, but well-cared-for Yoder YS640 from a friend, and I jumped all over it. It was a bargain and it needed nothing aside from a replacement thermocouple, some paint touch-up, and some grease cleanup. So it feels pretty good having one of the baddest pellet cookers you can get! This thing almost feels like cheating! I know some of y'all stick burner types probably think I AM cheating! :wink:

Anyways, happy to be here!

Congrats!! Welcome to the Brethren and the wonderful world of pellet cooking! Let’s see some pics of your new baby... :)

Congrats!! Welcome to the Brethren and the wonderful world of pellet cooking! Let’s see some pics of your new baby... :)

Sure thing... sorry for the size of the pics!

I haven't touched up the paint yet but it will happen probably next weekend.

eskZVzv.jpg

svYH6AK.jpg

Baby backs from last weekend. Costco was out of spares, dangit.
tlWOUGD.jpg

hGlXmxU.jpg

Brisket and burnt ends from yesterday. Meatchurch Holy Cow injection and rub were used.
PUBSsEA.jpg

gDsob5w.jpg

Sure thing... sorry for the size of the pics!

I haven't touched up the paint yet but it will happen probably next weekend.

eskZVzv.jpg

svYH6AK.jpg

Baby backs from last weekend. Costco was out of spares, dangit.
tlWOUGD.jpg

hGlXmxU.jpg

Brisket and burnt ends from yesterday. Meatchurch Holy Cow injection and rub were used.
PUBSsEA.jpg

gDsob5w.jpg

Nice!!! Looks like you’ve hit the ground running :)

Welcome to the forum from sunny SE Arizona, thanks for sharing pics with us.

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Back